Slidders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slidders

I was wondering if anyone here is a Slidder from Knott's. If so what types of pads should you use?

What's a slider?
    Slash
    "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

Originally they were actors that hung out in the Ghost Town part of Knotts that wore these sheet metal knee pads. They would come sliding at you out of the fog, with this great scraping sound. The good ones made it an art form, the way they could stop right in front of you, or use their momentum to pop right up in front of you. They are now all over the park, just when you thought it was safe to go to Snoopy's Kids Town!!!

There are a handful of them on my MySpace page, I could try to find out exactly what the knee pads are made of.
      Heartstoppers
      Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
      www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

Sounds interesting, I'd like to see that in action...
        "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear."
        -H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

slider video

you can find them in this video of youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsJvJWYv9sM

Comment

gloves

Also I was wondering if anyone knows how to make those gloves with the metal on the tips?

Comment

In the documentary on Knott's by Haunted Media, it talks in detail how to make these gloves. You also get good insight into the kneepads and shoes used.

www.hauntedmedia.com

-Tyler
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

thank you

When I get enough money to buy that I will. It is a reat site.

Comment

I have always thought to do the sliding all night long that you would really have to be an athelete, and in shape!
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

i have got the dvd vut didn't find to much info on the gloves. if you know where the info is on the dvd I would really appreciate it.

Comment

I have talked to a few different sliders and they say injury's are frequent!

Comment

Whose injuries? The sliders or the people they run into?
                        I have heard the knees are the flimseiest part of the body , especially if you are are heavy or in some kind of sport.
                        Maybe we are supposed to be monkey-walking? Knuckle-dragging.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hmmm, never heard of them before. Thanks for the info
                          Slash
                          "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

We use sliders in our haunts (So does Netherworld) Last year we added them to Ruby Falls Haunted Cavern and it was a HUGE hit and success.
                            We are currently working on a knee pad and glove package (boots are your deal!) Our knee pads have velcro scuffs that can be replaced. One set of knee pads lasts me about 5 nights yet one of my best sliders only went through one pair and only swapped out the last night (16 nights!)

I would HIGHLY recommend anyone to add sliding to their show. And I love doing it - actually I'll do it again in Pirate Gear at the Pirates III Premiere in May! The Movie Theater loved it too...
                            :wink:

Comment

spark gloves

I know that this is an old thread but who said old is bad. anyway I found this video of these plastic pannles of flints that skateboarders use on there board that creates a trail of sparks. here is a video of them in action and even as hand sparkers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYoo3JKo33k

look up tail devils on google for them they are pretty cheap. and could be a good alternative to some other gloves on sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X