No announcement yet.

Slidders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They do a lot of slidding at Netherworld. I wonder if Ben saw this thread!

Alot of his actors do slidding!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

What a great idea!!! Here's a video that has a lot of good shots of sliding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WRAF...elated&search=

I'm going to try to do that at the haunted theme park I'll be at. I'm going to study shots of the armor and then see what I can get at Home Depot.

Comment

Im a slider at an amusment park in riverside, ca and i use knee pads for skate boarding to slide, they are made by Pro-Teck and come in a variety of sizes.

as for gloves, go to home depot and buy some contractor gloves or batting gloves from a sprting goods store. then at any hardware store buy hardware washers according to teh size of your fingers and glue them onto the glove in the area that needs to be protected when you slide.

any other sliders out there????

im looking for good masks with a detached jaw that are glued to a black hood if you know what im talking about..

PM or EMAIL me......

Comment

So I have been sliding for about 2 years now but am going through a couple pairs of shoes each season. Do any of you have any suggestions that will either A) Help make a pair of shoes last longer or B) A shoe in general that works really well. I have been thinking of taking my old steel toes I dont wear any more and removing a portion of the leather over the stell but not all the way? Thing that may work? being the stell will obviously slide a lot smoother rather than the leather?

Synister
          AZ

Comment

shoe problem

Why dont you just have some one make covers for your shoes out of metal? Like a sheet metal shell for your shoes. Or cut pipe that can cover the toe portion of the shoe like a halfpipe that overhangs the shoe and overlap it on the soles of your shoes and then pin nail it to your soles.

Also if anyone is going to use the spark idea please make a video so I can see my fantasy come true.

Comment

I go through 1 to 2 pair of steel toe shoes a season. I looked at options for reinforcing the toes but just ran out of time. We made several practice gloves out of conduit fittings and washers as well as the ones from Ghost Ride w/ flint in the palms.

I have screwed taildevils to my knee pads before but it was not worth the effort if you have the Sparking Gloves...

Putting your old steel toes over new shoes (if they would fit... ) using an industrial epoxy and super glue (or gorilla glue) might be an idea. Sheet metal bent over the end is another thing I considered, but time is always against me...

You can make some "trainer gloves" for under $30 and I get the knee pads from a local Skate Board Shop. The best I have found have the removable (velcro) pad....
              We are testing other pads now (one made of kevlar) and maybe I can find time to review and give the exact brand and type when the season is over...

We have 5 sliders this season. And Saturday night was the first night we were all able to work together... now that was fun!

Comment

I'm a slider for Kings Dominion in Doswell, Virginia and I go through 2-3 boots for the month of October, 2 kneepads for the month.

I haven't found a better way to prolong the use of anything, so I just og out and do my best to make use of whatever I have left.

Comment

I've made my first pair of gloves this year, and will be a newbie at sliding. However...I've watched ALL of the videos peppered over the internet that are related to sliding. I'm spending most of my days this week practicing before the big night.

Comment

Well I'm new to theis site but seeing this thread, I'll first post here, I'm a slider at Knotts Halloween Haunt . So most of you get the idea of sliding, basically a talent that is certifed to wear knee pads and use special gloves and steel toe boots and basically run drop to the ground and hopefully get a scare from someone.

Sliding come about after a few old ghost town monster would wear volleyball pads and do baseball slides. Then one season Slider came out and started using what we now know as the fast style of sliding.

Being a cert slider, I have to say if your using it just be careful, it's not all running up to a group and sliding it's your timing, if a slide is safe to do, if I want to go after someone I need to know what's on the other side of someone. Being in good physical shape is must. Not because of the constant sliding some do. When your out there you need to be ready for any kind of guest reaction, like if commit to a slide and just as I hit the ground someone darts out in front of me or on my side you need a quick mind of what to do. Yes most of the street monsters at Haunt do slide, but are certifed to do. it's a safety factor knotts employees.\

Sliding knee pads, I can last the 27 night run with the same pads, we all use recaps that normally since I don't slide on them constanty each night will last me about a week and a half. Steel toe caps is what I run through constanlty I think I went through 4-5, I constantly scrap my caps while walking so mine wear down fast.
                    well that's it, if you have questions email or message me.

Comment

Ghost Ride sells like the gloves I know that much. Ben Armstrong teaches a class at his haunt for sliders.

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President
                      www.HalloweenProductions.com
                      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                      X