HHA Fangoria ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HHA Fangoria ad

Check out this ad that will go in Fangoria Magazine to promote the HHA and the haunt industry this season. As soon as I saw the photo Ben posted on Shane's thread a while back, I knew it would be perfect to use in the ad. I think that new vampire photo really grabs your attention. Let's hope it grabs the attention of all the Fangoria readers out there as well!

Let us know what you think?

Eric

www.hauntedoverload.com

It's awesome! -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Sneak Preview...

Schweeeeet!!!!!
      O'Shawn McClendon
      Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Great Job!

That page looks sweet! Shane and its Eric take a bow! Shane this time!
        sigpic

Comment

That has to be one of the best print ads I have ever seen and, to think that so many horror fans need to read this kind of thing to know we are an advanced industry. I thought that would be commonplace amongst Halloween people by now.
          Mike Cirrincione
          Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
          MAC Productions presents:
          Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
          AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
          Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
          Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

Comment

Advertising

We want to drive traffic to the HHA website, thus helping all members that have their haunts listed. That's why it's so important to list your haunt on the site if you have not done so yet. This will help the entire industry by increasing awareness, members and non members alike. It never hurts to advertise.

I think it came out cool. Ben's photo makes it. A big thank you goes to Brainstorm also for the layered file of the castle, bats and logo. That allowed me to move all the elements around and add more.

It's going to be a good year!

Eric
            www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Well Done!

Eric's worked hard on this an many projects for the HHA. This is a exellent example of the quality we should be putting forth to showcase our industry to the wider world.

Allan

Comment

Cool!
                Damon
                Damon Carson

Comment

Thanks, it's exciting doing this kind of work for the HHA. Fangoria is a pretty high profile mag. Their 30th anniversary Halloween addition is coming up so this is the perfect place for this ad. Thanks to Randy Bates for the contact. I think it will look cool in the back to back issues. It's also it's just another reason to take good haunt photos, you never know where they will end up!

Look what the milk industry did by pooling their resorses for the "Got Milk" campagin. The haunt industry can do the same thing and this is the start of something like that with the HHA and a clear direction.

Looking forward to seeing it in print!

Eric
                  www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

I have one reservation. Does anyone think that this is a bit of false advertising? Netherworld is pretty well known for having costumes above and beyond the average haunted house, does anyone think that we are setting the bar very high for the houses that these "new customers" are driven to? Odds are that the costumes and look of their shows are not going to be near the same class, there are exceptions of course, but I feel its a bit deceptive.
                    Please tell me if you think Im off base Im sure I can be swayed for reasons Im not aware of.
                    Allen H
                    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

The point of this ad is to drive traffic to the HHA web site. Once there, the patrons can look at the many different haunts listed, research their favorite and choose to visit one of their local attractions. Using a great image for the ad will hopefully grab more eyeballs and drive more traffic to the site.

Like you said their are some bad haunts out there but that's not the image we want to promote. If a haunt is serious enough to pay the money to join the HHA then chances are they are a quality attraction. You're right though, Netherworld is hard to beat in the costume and makeup department but I think the patrons know by looking at each haunt listed which ones they would like to visit based on the haunt's particular strengths.

Eric
                      www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Ok so its driving traffic to the site, then honest representation of local haunts get them to go to their shows.
                        Are any other magazines planned? I might suggest periodicals that are not inline with our genre as Fangoria. I bet "southern living" would be good for getting new customers especially if the add featured the set decoration aspects of haunted houses (they might even want an article on set decorating tips) The Darkness would be a great feature for that add as Larry's sets are beautiful.
                        Even "Food TV Magazine" or something similar might not be a bad idea If the angle of the add is right. I feel that Most Fangoria fans are already aware of local haunts, so I think it will drive up numbers of hits on the site, but not drive up business at local haunts because those people are already coming.
                        My comments are about the strategy of add placement NOT the quality of the add, the add is beautiful and a great piece of graphic design.
                        Allen H
                        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I think its great to show the Netherworld costume, we should all aspire to that quality anyway it doesn't say all haunts look this way but the fact that some do, shows we are evolving. I look around at haunters websites and still see the terrible costumes with actors with make up but their neck and hands are not covered....It just looks bad. Netherworld is one of our best and brightest and we should showcase it and like Eric said its all about getting them to the site and on to your website, and hopefully they are impressed enough at your place to buy tickets!

Darkangel

Comment

Very cool!!

Comment

I think it's great as is. Applause for Eric and the people at Netherworld who put the costume together and whoever else helped with the ad.

Comment

Working...
                              X