Lumber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lumber

I hope this is the right spot to ask this.

I'm going to lowes to day to get the lumber for my home haunt im buying 7/16 plywood, but I need to know what do I use to support it 2/2, 2/4? I have to say I'm lost at this point. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Andrew

try 2/3....

also ask to speak to the Lumber Manager.....

sometimes they have some 2/4 or 2/3`s out front

or back thet are trying to blow out because they

might be a little warped or chipped

i went to lowes last week and bought

2/4 x 12...................40 of them for $30

Casey......Creep House

Comment

http://bananaman165.home.comcast.net...allDetails.htm
      try that site you will get what u need

Comment

Thanks everyone I just went ahead and got the 2x4s for my walls. I'll post pics of my progress.

Comment

Originally posted by hoffie08 View Post
          http://bananaman165.home.comcast.net...allDetails.htm
          try that site you will get what u need
          I don't agree with some of the methods used on that site.

Andrew, attach your 2x4s to the plywood so the 4-inch side is flat against the plywood, not the narrower 2-inch side. The reason for this is that the panels take up much less room when it comes time to store them - about half the space.

Along the same lines, the reason Casey recommended 2x3s is that then you have some weight savings. Not a big deal until you are moving these things around all day, or you have to hold one up by yourself while trying to attach it to another wall. Last year I was helping someone who had some panels made out of 1-inch plywood and 2x4s that must have been oak or something. The things weighed a ton. They will probably last forever but at the end of the day you were dead tired, if you lasted until the end of the day.
          Last edited by shawnc; 07-26-2009, 01:31 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

Working...
          X