Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for long hall

I need some ideas.
    About mid-way through our Haunted House, we have a long hall. Originally I was going to have 2 drop frames that are cages, but we were thinking with only 2 drop frames, it may be a little dull. It's about 12' long, and it's the only part that's not very twisty-turny, so it will even be difficult to have actors jumping out since there's no place for them to hide behind. If they come out from behind the wall, it's likely to fall at some point (We use PVC and plastic since it's just in our garage) Our theme is a Furneral Parlor/Cemetary and what "really" goes on behind the scenes as they "prepare the bodies". Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

This may not be what you want to hear, but 12' of nothing could be a blessing. It could be an area for them to catch their breath or an area for them to build anticipation...12' I would not worry to hard over.
    But If you insist..
    at the middle of the hallway have a simple spider on a pulley and rope drop to about head high
    with a stretch it fits in your theme.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I think the best thing to do for a hallway of this type is to simply let the guests create their own monsters. No, I'm not saying give the guests some play-doh; I mean let their minds sculpt a monster. I would do either of the following:
      1) Have speakers set up along either side of the hallway to play crawling/scratching sounds.
      2) Have actors behind each side of the hall and have them scratching the plastic. I would assume your garage has a cement/concrete floor, so make some sliding gloves for your actors to use.

The key to making this the least little bit effective is to make sure that it is PITCH BLACK. Since you're using plastic, though, I'm not sure how realistic it would be considering safety...
      ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
      Campbellsville, KY

Comment

A strobe light can work wonders, and be very disorienting. You could also drill tiny holes in the pvc in this hallway, and hook up a hose to it, to have it slightly spray/mist the people as they walk through. Combine that with the strobe, and you have a decent effect.

Comment

if u have wood walls have a dim light and paint doors on the wall and put door nobs on them to make it look like there is more going on them what there really is. i did that last year and i heard people saying watch that door no watch that door and they kinda scare them selfs beside some one scaring them.
          hoffie

Comment

same

Originally posted by hoffie08 View Post
            if u have wood walls have a dim light and paint doors on the wall and put door nobs on them to make it look like there is more going on them what there really is. i did that last year and i heard people saying watch that door no watch that door and they kinda scare them selfs beside some one scaring them.
            hoffie
            Thats what I want to do but have all the doors screwed shut

Comment

o i use painted doors cost less.

Comment

Last year at Halloween Horror Nights, in the house "The Hallow" they had a long hallway, that had slightly dripping water coming down from the roof, with fake prop heads hanging in a way that you would have to walk through them, the heads were wet, and I think they had the familiar Vaseline goop on them. With a strobe coming from one side of the wall.

This part, was actually pretty scary on it's own. This one lady fell in front of me during this scene, and I got stuck in this particular hallway as she backed up the line. Well, as the heads bounced against me, getting my hair slightly wet, I really got to appreciate and observe this scene x3 While being pleasantly annoyed that I was being repeatedly hit with wet prop heads x3

That may be something for you to look into ^_^

Comment

what i would do is take heavy duty clear plastic trash bags fill them with body parts and a half gallon of blood each and hang them from the celing. they be cold and mushy and you will have to push them out the way to continue moving. add some dim lighting and your good. you might want to dubble bag so you dont have any leaks. and if you have a few bags hanging you can stick an actor in there, he can swing the bags hide behinde them or whatever. good luck.

Comment

or you could get some THICK plastic and make the pc frame really strong bolt to floor and celling and get two fans and there you go you have your own claustrophobic walls
                    terror tents we will leave you screaming

Comment

I like the idea of darkness then...
                      Mike Cirrincione
                      Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
                      MAC Productions presents:
                      Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
                      AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
                      Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music