Does anyone use illusion tables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone use illusion tables?

The type that the person lays comfortably below the surface of the table, and only the feet and head are visible, and the rest is a fake torso.

I am thinking of making one for my torture chamber scene, with a buzz saw that comes down on the person.

Has anyone made their own? I would love to see pictures if you have.

This picture shows the general idea.
    Attached Files
    Ben
    Haunted Hollows Co- Owner

I've seen Halloween Horror Nights do this, but it was on a smaller scale (the foot alone went under the table, while the prop foot gets cut).

They did a behind the scenes video of it for central florida on demand, and I can't seem to find it

Comment

I Would Just HAVE to..

,,..put a different kind of a "Twist" on something so commonly used to even have a chance of being happy with the work of making such a thing.... LIKE.......
      Have an angled mirror at one end of the table so customers can see how it's done, there's the victim/actor's butt, below the table, but then have their butt seemingly contained within a cage full of live rats!
      A little extra PIzzzaz! with the entertainment. (Is something too common even considered as "entertainment"? )
      Probably mot!
      If it's not scary, unique, different..then why spend time and money doing it?
      Building "Yawn Machines" is not what it should be about.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I could imagine someone with a large build having their stomach sliced, while the back and rear is in a glass box with rats or something of the like :3

Comment

Why do I get the feeling you all have watched Saw? xD

As you know, I don't own--nor have I worked in--a haunt (It's a little warning I put in after certain people's mad fits with me posting in this forum), but I think using illusion tables/mirror stands is a great effect and they should be used in haunts to bump up the scenes artistically and rip down the safety barrier in the minds of the patrons.
          ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
          Campbellsville, KY

Comment

table gags

We have used them - we call them spit pits anyone want to guess why

Comment

Working...
            X