HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: What types of permits can there be for a Haunt

Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Question What types of permits can there be for a Haunt 
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    The place we are trying to convince is a Paintball Field/ sales. I'm sure they have permits as well b/c they have a reception/ hall there as well. I know that they have sold food there before so I don't think that would be a problem. SInce it is a Paintball Field they do have insurance i suppose for injurey and all plus waviers and all the good stuff! But what other permits would a place need to start a Haunt?
    I just loved walking through Busch Gardens with my friend and staring at people... we didn't work there and all we had was face make up. Yet, my friend and I still shook them up.

  2. Default  
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    You really need to take the time to read the forums a bit and look around yourself before you ask questions like this. I made sure to read each and every thread that I could get my hands on before even making my first post, and stuff like this can be found using the search function.

    It's hard to say what permits you will need by just asking the question without giving many details, or knowing which state/county you live in, and even then, you will still need to work with your city ordinance department, and fire marshal.

    Go to the local permit office, and find out what you will need. Plan what you want to do, and look at what requirements and expectations will be set in order for you to do that.

    It all depends on what and how you are building, and the size.

    Are you using a tent? You might need a tent permit. (example)

    Hopefully a proffesional can stop by and help you out a bit. I think this has been answered in multiple threads though, and the general response is, that you indeed, need to go to the permit office, and work with your firemarshal.
    Last edited by HauntsForHealth; 08-04-2009 at 07:26 PM.

  3. Default  
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    You will need several permits depending on your set up.
    Also you will probably need to buy your own insurance and add the property and company hosting your event as an additional insured. You'll also need several inspections before opeing. If you wire electric you'll need an inspection for that. You'll need an inspection from the fire marshall, and the building inspector, and also the amusement and ride inspector, so could be four in Maryland. It's a tough state from what I have been told.


Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts