Closet Scare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closet Scare

Does anyone else use this or have this in your haunt? I went through my closet at home a while back and did some spring cleaning and took some of my old clothes to our haunted house. We decided to make a walk through closet area with clothes hanging on either side with enough room for actors to hide behind. Trouble is....it just doesnt look right! Maybe I need some older vintage clothes or maybe something like grandpa use to wear?? Or maybe if its dark enough, it doesnt really matter? Any input?
    http://www.myspace.com/scareview

If there's enough room, how about adding a high shelf in there? It'll give you a spot to put in some nic-nacs like toys, hats, old shoes, and, heck, you can dangle a few scarfs off of it to help hide the actor inside.

Comment

secret passage

How about a secret passage that opens when you close the door ? It would scare the clausterphobic patrons, get the ones who fear the dark, AND scare the people who fear the unknown.... I personally think this RAWKS... Whn door is closed secret passagewall is open....door is open secret passage wall is closed ( could be operated by man or by weights. This way you can decorate the closet PERMANENTLY ( I.E. U glue down or screw down everything and let it remain much like that of a small confined closet.... ( Coonfined being the concentration of the scare ) People are scared to death of closets.. I would makeit small and slender then hang clothes on both sides.... ( Just my .02 worth )
      "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
      www.maliciousstudios.com
      "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
      http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

I love the closet scare, i put it in every haunt that it fits. As suggested earlier the key is to have a shelf that runs over head longways on either side, blankets, shoes, and boxes are great up there. I normally put a back massager (the kind with two hammer like things that pound) on a remote christmas tree switch on the opposite side of the actor. the actor triggers it (just put it in a box with a few empty cans, great noise) and then attacks as they are distracted.
        I love to put this room right after a childs bedroom, or any bedroom really the placement is what makes it feel right. Fire treat the clothes as this room is considered storage of combustables!
        I have also added a pull down attic access in the closet with a mini spotlight on it as they have to walk under it they are ancy and very distracted. Great room! good luck with it.
        Allen H
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
          I love the closet scare, i put it in every haunt that it fits. As suggested earlier the key is to have a shelf that runs over head longways on either side, blankets, shoes, and boxes are great up there. I normally put a back massager (the kind with two hammer like things that pound) on a remote christmas tree switch on the opposite side of the actor. the actor triggers it (just put it in a box with a few empty cans, great noise) and then attacks as they are distracted.
          I love to put this room right after a childs bedroom, or any bedroom really the placement is what makes it feel right. Fire treat the clothes as this room is considered storage of combustables!
          I have also added a pull down attic access in the closet with a mini spotlight on it as they have to walk under it they are ancy and very distracted. Great room! good luck with it.
          Allen H
          Allen, That's great!!! I'm trying to imagine what type of back massager you are talking about? That would be an excellent way to distract them!!! Thanks for the advise ALL!!

I placed the walk through closet coming out of a bathroom scene. I hope I've placed this right!?
          Last edited by Scareview; 08-06-2009, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Here you go,
            Sometimes they come with a heat feature, If they do I always open them up and completly disable the heat feature just out of caution. I use these alot bungee cord them inside of a coffin against the lid (bungee holds them down but allows them to beat the lid), Or put them in a metal garbage can, or in boxes with a few aluminum cans, a great remote noise maker/ distraction.
            The remote switch I use is a christmas tree switch, it has a female to plug your prop into, the male plugs into an outlet, and a 15' green cord off of that has a red rocker switch at the end of it, the cords run about $9 at hobby lobby here in TX but Im sure you can find them all over. I will often lengthen the cord to get the reach I need.

Here is the massager type I use (brands vary- new from $40 to $80) Its called a thumper type.
            Hope this helps,
            Allen H
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Noisey-maker.

I once got a brand new Wagner paint scraper in a Goodwill Store for $3.00.
              It's motor is definately high-speed and very obnoxious as a small dull blade moves back and forth to scrape paint.
              I securely mounted this inside a metal box and then hung a small scrap of 1/4 inch thick steel inside the box so the paint scraper's blade could just make contact with it. I suspened the steel with a piece of steel cable so it can swing very freely.
              This thing gets a very good reaction from almost everyone here. I don't play "fair" though, I take plenty of time to sufficeintly lull them first, I realise this is something many of you can not do the way your house is operated.
              Of course continious loud noise loses the scare factor pretty quickly, doesn't it? "Peaks and Valleys"-Peaks and valleys of excitement, then reset them so you can then do it all again!!!
              LOVE IT!!
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Allen H, thanks for taking the time to show me that! That thing sounds a little expensive, but it did give me some great ideas as far as noise distractions. Looking forward to having this project completed!

Comment

i made a closet scene in my haunt this yr as well.it starts with 2 rows of dresses and suits.the rows taper in as you walk down the hallway to give claustrophobic feel.air cannon is the scare inside the clothes.you exit into claustrophobia tunnel.o and dont forget the moth balls,thats my ghetto sinister scents lol

Comment

Working...
                  X