what do you do in between scares??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WelchWitch,

thankyou! i strongly agree with you there, like a Halloween Horror nights, the guys walking around with chainsaws werent scary at all. But the sliders or the giant guys on stilts just looked badass!

I really enjoy sliding because the group isnt expecting it. i try to get them while theyre turned around. And before they know it, they hear this loud noise, turn around and im jumping up right in there face.

-Austin
    Skidduhlicious

Comment

In October...

I spend a short time between groups straightening up the front room, trying to make it look like a mob of people were Not just in there sitting on the furniture, wiggling their butts on the slip covers, pulling things around because they are scared.
      Sometimes I even vaccuum the middle of the floor quickly when leaves or whatever gets tracked in the front door.
      As an extra bonus of doing this small amount of "Housekeeping" I have found people's wallets, cell phones earlier than I normally might so we can find them while they are still in the house and return the items to them.
      A few feet away I have my own private half-bathroom, a very luxurious thing to have on a busy night for drinking water, garggling, checking yourself in a well-lit mirror..and that other thing, of course too!
      If someone doesn't believe the haunted history, says I'm "full of crap", I have the very real option of showing them the evidence ..of the supernatural? No that I am no longer full of crap, unless I mistakenly prematurely flushed away the evidence.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I'm bumped up to staff/security from being an actor, but when I did act I simply sat there & rested trying to get my breathing back to normal. Yeah, sounds boring doesn't it? One night though I started thinking of things that make me laugh, I'm not talking about a chuckle or two, I'm talking rib cage hurting kind of laughing. This actually came in handy that night seeing as I was already dressed as a Dr./mental patient. Groups would walk by as I'm laughing hysterically & every so often I'd sceam out BOO like the Joker does in the batman movie...Before Heath Ledger came along. People jumped almost every time!

John
        John Elks - Staff

www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net

Comment

I know I'm like months late on this but I have nothing better to do

When I acted, I was the kid that ran around his scene changing props around, and completely making it different. (My first room was an attic) So I had like a trunk, ton's of old stuff, giant piles of old childs toys, a TON of random stuff that most old attics have, so it was easy for me to go and change everything around. My Monster Mom loved me because I was so enthusiastic about scaring, thankfully it was entirely volunteer ran and no one was a real hard-ass, so I got to have a lot of fun! ...and now I'm hooked for life. :mrgreen:

Comment

I continue to act in between scares that way the character is more realistic and I find it is easier than trying to turn the character on and off all night. I also like acting off of any other actors I encounter; it adds to the fun and increases the depth of the characterization.
            Katie Lane
            Partner/VP
            Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
            sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Love it! I don't think I've ever broken character even when no one's around, hence why I love to play with my scene non-stop! I've been a manager now for about two years and haven't had a specific scene, but I've choreographed a couple awesome moves with actors that I see when customers are around that involve me like choking them or them like tackling me, no one's ever gotten hurt and it's been a little extra scare for every customer who's seen it happen, really freaks them out when we're so hands on with eachother and not just holding a plastic knife to another actors throat ;D

Comment

definitely interacting in character with other actors, and pretty much staying in character all night helps pass the time if there are ever slow nights. Like Katie said, it helps your character flow better if you arent jumping in an out of character all night.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

well for me again...

I get in to thinking about how i can do better.

I think it's funny that one time a guy and a girl stoped. now keep in mind that they did not see me in the dark but i can see them.. anyways they started to makeing out and they were getting in to it. well i came up behind the girl cause the guy had his eyes closed and i said to them.. "Can i have some??" in a dark voice. the girl screamed and pushed the guy and ran. the dude said to me "thanks!! now i am not getting laid tonight...." then he ran to get her.. that was the most funny thing i did and i sat back down in my dark little spot..

that was to good..

HG
                  it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

Comment

I've become a jack of all trades at my haunt...but even when working security i still gotta have my scares...while i'm acting if i'm not scaring a group i'm scaring fellow workers...It's kinda funny seeing actors too scared to work in their own rooms sometimes....maybe not so much on a busy night...but it's always worth the chance to turn things around on your fellow actors.
                    Last edited by thecursedone; 04-30-2010, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Last year I was in a room where I could walk intoa hidden passage and listen to the groups go through two rooms before mine. I would listen totry and discern if there was one "scaredy cat" of the group and try to pick up a name. If I heard something like "Oh Sally, stop crying! We're almost through it. " then I would guarantee that Sally would have a hell of a time inmy room! Heh heh heh.

Two years ago I was alone in a room at the beginning of the haunt and didn't have any warning when people would enter. I just killed time by getting into arguements with the corpse props. It actually made some people laugh when they came in unexpectedly.

Comment

Chugged water, chewed cough drops and focused.

Comment

I was in a room with a good friend so we would usually laugh at the last group then reset really fast/get straight faces back....and get water! And come up with new scares. The people in the room after ours would come watch the signal we had for when a group was coming [it was their signal, too] so we'd compare group reactions in each of our rooms if we had a lot of time between them.

Comment

I'll get a sip of Gatorade.. If there's time between wagons I'll go hang out with the other 8 actors in my skit. My hiding spot is a bo x connected to slide, so I'll play on my slide too. We have a loud microphone in our skit, and one time my bro AJ was imitating Quagmire from Family Guy.... Just as a wagon was pulling in..
                            Don't throw a baby at anything. Even a Burgalar

Comment

I was in a room in the middle of the haunt and would follow the group that just came though to the back door. Getting more scares and freaking them out. I also would move from back to front of the haunt and back to my spot. Watching the other actors as I would go, as I was the Dir. of Ops. for the haunt. Then get a drink and listen for the next group. Then I would let out an uncanny howl the could be heard thoughout the haunt. And get into position and wait for the next victoms.

Then when we would have a dead spot with noone in line. I would slip out the front door and wait for the last group that just came through to turn the corner. And then procede to chase them to there means of excape on wheels.
                              sigpic
                              a.k.a. The Butcher
                              a.k.a. Hauntlord

Comment

This is what I do(:

Okay, so basically at my haunted house the fair majority of actors that work there are teenagers, 13-17.
                                In the area I work in there are two other teenagers there, and when we are waiting in between scares we all come out of our room and just sit and talk about the scare we just caused or just sit and talk in general. Sometimes people from farther back in the house come up to see what's going on, but that's what I do.

~LivingTheHauntedHouseLife

Comment

Working...
                                X