No announcement yet.

Looking for you at Transworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, my gosh, Tyler! I FINALLY get to see you. This is gonna be so cool!!

Comment

I KNOW! I can't wait to see everybody either... I'm getting so excited! :P -Tyler
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I can't go
        Slash
        "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

Originally posted by slash
          I can't go
          No worries, Slash, I won't be able to make it, either. :cry: You are not alone!
          www.mindseizure.com
          www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Ah man! I'm always sorry to hear the folks that can't make it.

But FXChic! That new Avatar ROCKS!!!

--------------

Empress! You nailed it on the head! Every 'first timer' has the same expression. Eyes wide and mouth hanging open trying to figure out what they want to go see first. My best suggestion is to start on one wall and zig zag your way through the isles to the opposite wall. That way, you'll see everything. Then go back to the stuff you really liked. OH! And TAKE A WHEELED SUITCASE!!! You will want one, trust me! You need something to put all your catalogs in so you don't have to hold them in your arms. (Of course, you're just looking at the haunt stuff so you may not need one as much as I do - but you'll wear yourself out holding stuff.)

GET A MORRIS CATALOG!!! Morris is a Jobber and a bit more expencive than buying directly from the manufacturers, but they have a little bit of everything and you can get credit from them easier than setting up seperate lines of credit with all the others. It's a good place to start. After you get established, you can spread out a bit.

And DO make a turn through the Costume floor just for grins. I know it's not your major interest, but you might find something that you like down there. Most of the Makeup and Mask people are in the Costume area. And - if you have time - poke your head into the "Party" side as well. We don't do consessions, but if you ever WANT to do it, or even thought about it - the stuff you want are over there - hiding in the balloons and paper junk. Look for the guys who sell the Popcorn poppers. They will give you catalog with all the machines to cook food and the supplies. It will give you a good idea about the COST of such equipment.... then you can go look for the used stuff on EBay! There are also good suppliers for things like cups and what not also. (And, if you talk nice, they'll give you balloons for your kids.)

Can't think of any more advise for you at the moment.

Love Ya! Mean it!
            ------------------------
            The child is grown, the dream is gone.
            I have become comfortably numb.

Comment

Empress! You nailed it on the head! Every 'first timer' has the same expression. Eyes wide and mouth hanging open trying to figure out what they want to go see first.
              I dunno. I was kinda dissappointed my first time. I had heard that Transworld was HUGE!!! But then I'm used to Comic-Con International. Where I saw things like; A full-sized X Wing prop, Original costumes from LOTR, A walkthrough "Pan's Labrynth" tree and other amazing stuff. Rubie's even has a booth there. So I guess it's just what you're used to. It still was fun, though.

Comment

I agree with you Scar, I hate to hear of people not being able to make it too. I know how I felt last year when I had to post that it just wasn't in the cards for me to make it. It was like a rock in the pit of my stomach. :? One of these days soon when I win the lotto I'll be able to post a message that says, "All expenses paid sign up sheet can be found at (insert link here)!" Wouldn't that be just too damn sweet! It could happen! :wink:

Kel

PS. 2005 was my first and only time attending TransWorld and I have to admit, I was one of the ones waling around in a daze saying, "OMG, this is some serious $#it!" :shock:
                :lol:
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Yes, that would be nice! I can't wait to finally meet you too Kel! AHHH... I'm so excited! -Tyler
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by Infoamtek

I dunno. I was kinda dissappointed my first time. I had heard that Transworld was HUGE!!! But then I'm used to Comic-Con International....
                    To True! But a Comic Con to a Haunt Con is sort of apples to oranges. Transworld is no 'DragonCon' either, but we don't have to pay to get in and it's ALL 'dealer's room' with wholesale prices. Way to good to be true. There's a big diff between a "Fun" show like Comics or Media conventions and a WORKING Convention like Transworld.

If you want a comparison, you'd have to go to that crappy little show that the National Costumer's Association puts on! :roll: Gees! I spent 2 hours driving down to Atlanta to see that 'show.' Looked around at a hand full of booths taking up less space than the 'Dark Zone' at Transworld, got back in my car and drove 2 hours and got home in time to cook dinner for my family. Pathetic!

**Off Topic**
                    Comic-Con INternational? Is that the BIG one in California? I've got a artist friend who goes to the one in CA and makes ALOT of money doing charactor sketches for people. Anyway...
                    ------------------------
                    The child is grown, the dream is gone.
                    I have become comfortably numb.

Comment

Or similar to IAPPA. If I was a Moon Bounce vendor that's the place to be! :?

I enjoyed my virgin year 2006 and can't wait for 2007.

Looking forward to the new stuff, old stuff and new and old friends! :wink:

Comment

Yes. CCI is the GIANT one in CA. I get in for free because I am a "Professional". (Having film credits does come in handy) It's not only a "fun" show, it's also a "working" show for the comic book industry and popular media. (network, network, network)

And the Masquerade? Companies hsnd out cash prizes to the costumes that best represent their characters.

Comment

Infoamtek,

Where was Comic-Con again? They actually had the real Lord of the Rings costumes from the movie? That would be cool to see!

And yes, Transworld is not very big. It could be covered in one day I think. But it's fun!

Allan

Comment

Transworld used to have quite a number of venders who purchased large pieces or display floor and set up very impressive things but.....maintaining an on-line catalog store is alot cheaper than financing a week at Transworld. I think maybe this new reality helped shrink the place accordingly.
                            What does it cost now for a small piece of that real estate now?
                            $1,500.oo? Plus other fees and charges?
                            Some of those venders must have bought from 10 to 15 spaces?
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

San Diego Comic Con International is July 26-29, 2007 at the San Diego Convention Center. This convention center sits on the waterfront right next to the Gaslamp Quarter.

Comment

Working...
                              X