Gi joe review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gi joe review

I wasn't expecting much so I really was pretty happy with the movie! Let me give you the best example... Batman and Robin was total camp, over the top not even trying to be something you could believe and it sucked!!!! The camp aspects was worse than anything ever seen in the old Batman tv show from the 60's.

Dark Knight on the other hand tries to be real something you might actually believe... GI JOE tries to be more Batman and Robin. Transformers tries to be Dark Knight like its really happening where as GI JOE is just over the top. However GI JOE works more as an over the top video game than a Dark Knight treatment because we've never seen anything to compare it to but the cartoons.

GI JOE is action packed from start to finish and even though Stephen Sommers steals from Star Wars on nearly all of his movies like Deep Rising the main guy was modeled after Han Solo in this movie Cobra hideout is like the Death Star, and nearly every battle scene around this was just robbed right from Star Wars even some lines.

Anyway I liked it its not going to win any awards but as an action movie you can't go wrong...

I liked it twice as much as Transformers better than lame Harry Potter, and many other movies I've seen.

If you want to see a cartoon come to life and thats what you want to see a CARTOON MOVIE GI JOE is the movie for you!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I have not seen it but was told by a fan that it is true to the comic book "The Rise Of Cobra".
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I used to watc GIJOE cartoons and this looks nothing like that judging by the ads, looks too futuristic. I see them even doing marshall arts looking like a Jackie Chan movie the cartoons were about traditional war if I remember correctly.

It does look like a typical summer movie, mindless action and explosions!!!

So, Harry Potter sucked? I heard nothing but good stuff?

Darkangel

Comment

What are you talking about? Harry Potter wasn't lame, GI Joe looks like a joke. I especially liked Potter because I had seen all of the actual movie props before I went and saw the film. Films this summer do seem to be especially bad though. Oh well Iron Man 2 is next year and that looks good from everything I have seen and heard.
        Jared Layman

Comment

I've been hearing GI Joe is good, tho I have not seen it myself. I'll probably just end up renting it. They are making a Prince of Persia movie that will be coming out May of next year. I'm excited about that one.
          Mrs.Boo

You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.
          ~Miracle Max

Comment

I could have seen GI Joe, but instead I saw Julie and Julia which was very enjoyable. GI Joe looks like your typical action movie, but without any creativity. I'll be seeing District 9 Tonight. Cincinnati has tons of free movie screenings every week.

Observe and Report - B+
            17 Again - c +
            Earth - C
            Land of The Lost - D
            Year One - D+
            Public Enemies - B
            Julie and Julia - A
            The Goods - C -
            Terminator Salvation - B
            My Sisters Keeper - A
            Drag Me To Hell - B+
            Transformers 2 - D
            The Ugly Truth - C
            500 Days of Summer - A
            The Hangover - A
            My Life in Ruins - C
            The Taking of Pelham 123 - C+
            Bruno - B
            A Perfect Getaway - c
            Spooky Wishes
            Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

The guy who played "Darth Maul" in Star Wars (Phantom Menace) plays "Snake Eyes" in G.I. Joe. He was the best thing about the new Star Wars trilogy, and he's the best thing about G.I. Joe.

My only question is where was Sgt. Slaughter?! Just kidding!

Comment

This movie review is insightful, informative and helps me to know what I'm getting into....... and knowing is half the battle!!

Ive heard it was good too.
                www.kellymanor.com - - - - - - - - www.myspace.com/kellymanor

Comment

I loved it for the most part but then again i just love spending time with my kids so it was great time together. it got a little bit cheasy toward the end under water but hey what could you ask for it was better then most of the movies i have seen of late.
                  The Care Taker
                  John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

I think it depends on who your favorite character is, as to if you enjoy the movie. I am pretty sure the producers watched the cartoon on mute.

(Sarcasim alert!) Was there also a cameio by the Jason X mask near the end?
                    J. F. Storm

Highland Farm's
                    Trails To Terror
                    Wakefield, RI

http://www.trailstoterror.com/

http://www.hauntminute.com

http://www.bigscaryshow.com

Comment

Harry Potter Lame? get out of here. Granted, it was totally setting up the last two movies, but this Harry Potter really dives into the characters more and gets you thinking about their motivations going into the final movies.

Just because it was a little more intellectual and less Voldermort vs. Harry doesn't make it lame by any means.

Comment

i didnt like it at all
                        terror tents we will leave you screaming

Comment

Working...
                        X