Merchandising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duke,
    The system worked great and inbetween our ticket#s popping up we would run our sponsors ads so selling sponsorship was really easy,landed us Pepsi, Frito lays, and Papa Johns from it.
    Keep in mind our midway was big enough to house a huge crowd but back then we had building to spare at 70,000 square feet,haunt taking up 50,000 of it and the rest was midway with a seperate area for rock bands to play.
    (which they played for free, they begged us to play after they saw the stage we built,complete with Fog,lasers and a couple of air cannons underneath to blast the crowd with! Talk about skirts flying up!)
    During the off season they actually payed us to rent our building for big concerts, we provided security was a must to protect our haunt of course but it worked really well and we had income coming in every month.

I have never seen this type of system until our place, i have to give Randy Daniels credit for implementing it. At first we all wondered if it wold work but the crowd was much more managable. Our worst complaint was it was to hot! If you even want to call that a complaint.

We only needed a few midway actors so more could man the actual house itself.
    Bad points if we did it again was we would not make the VIP room part of the midway, people watching people eating free pizza really p!ssed them off!

Other than that i have to say as a manager and line actor i Loved it!

Comment

There was a really great article on merchandising in one of the recent Hauntworld magazines. It was featuring the Headless Horseman attraction in NY. Really great stuff, gave me lots of ideas.
      Heartstoppers
      Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
      www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

Originally posted by ClusterOne
        There was a really great article on merchandising in one of the recent Hauntworld magazines. It was featuring the Headless Horseman attraction in NY. Really great stuff, gave me lots of ideas.
        That was a very good article and it stated that they make more money from their food and merchandise then from the haunt it self. I guess its all in how you do it.
        Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Shot Glasses are always a big seller.
          Brett Bertolino
          Terror Behind the Walls
          Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site, Inc.
          www.TerrorBehindtheWalls.com
          www.EasternState.org

Comment

My good Cellar glasses are all shot!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Is that like an Elton John thing? a new fancy pair of glasses for each room performance?
              sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

"Son, you're gunna drive me to drinking if you don't stop driving that hot rod Lincoln!"
                Put a rubber nipple on my shot glass, I drink slow and don't want to spill a drop of it.
                When I talk baby talk, stop serving me, put me to bed, with my Dolly.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Good night Dolly...................
                  sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Re: Well

Originally posted by Ken Spriggs
                    The key is not to gouge the customer....yes it is tempting to put a SPIRIT price on it...Sorry Todd....BUT you have 2-3 weeks to unload the product,
                    or back to storage it goes.

Small stuff if you have a kiddies place........little light up stuff
                    Tell me about it... :shock:

But I totally agree. Ruby Falls wants to gouge for impulse buying. I try to work at lower profits (and I do give deals at the store for haunters)
                    but be honest and not gouge... :cry:

Sometimes I can't sleep at night - then I realize it's not me but Spencer's/Spirit Corporate doing the gouging! :wink:

Comment

Working...
                    X