Incrementum Fear Is Still Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incrementum Fear Is Still Here

Just a thread to update everyone on Incrementum Fear.

So hopefully by now everyone is done venting their frustration towards me and have calmed down about my explosive bombardment of advertisement.

I took Nick's advice to heart and it paid off. We at Incrementum are in the process of getting a haunt together for this season with two mazes. Its getting very short on time but we are going to pull it off very nicely(knock on wood). The other big news for us is that Nick told us to go bigger. So we approached a local little amusement park called Scandia about hosting an attraction next season and they are considering it. They asked us to draw up some plans and present our ideas for them. Soon we should be talking about payment plans and design/build schedules(knock on wood).

Thanks Nick you have been one of the biggest influences in my Haunt adventure.

Lastly I would definately like to put. As a wise man once told me(Rjprodutions) "Learn to crawl before you walk." Well I'd like to say that as any real business owner knows "If your going to swim with the big fish you can't tiptoe into the pond, YOU GOTTA JUMP RIGHT IN!!!!" (there weren't that many exclamation marks in the original qoute I just added them for theatrical appearance).

As always if anyone has any questions about my panels or would like to inquire about the full room package with free shipping you can contact me anytime by PM me or email at incrementumfear@hotmail.com or psychotichood@hotmail.com
    Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Working on some logo ideas. I have another one stored on another computer and I'll upload that one tomorrow. Just wanted to post this one get some comments suggestions whatever.

Thanks Vincent
    Incrementum Fear
    Attached Files

Comment

Why does the gray end halfway through the FEAR and why not make a more elaborate background? You could just keep going with the art!
      Mike Cirrincione
      Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
      MAC Productions presents:
      Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
      AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
      Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
      Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

Comment

Thats a good question. I was thinking about dumbing down the gray and putting a stone background. And I also don't like the way the word Fear looks. Thanks for the post.

Comment

As someone who designs logos for haunted houses here are a few pointers that might help you when working on your logo:

1. Your logo is your branding. You'll want something that will easily remain in people's minds. Choose fonts and lettering that is fairly unique and makes your haunt stand out from the crowd. Since it will become your branding, you'll want to choose a logo that you won't want to change every year. (look at haunts like the netherworld and kersey valley spookywoods who use the same logo year after year).

2. Color is every bit as important as the lettering itself. The color scheme needs to say "haunted house". Dark backgrounds and contrasting colors that catch your eye are usually a good starting point.

3. It should be easy to read, especially from a distance. If someone's looking at your poster/flyer from 5 feet away you want them to be able to read your logo on that flyer. If they have to get right up close just to make out the text then you may be losing some potential business.

4. Your logo needs to speak. It needs to pop out and make people WANT to come to your haunted house. A bad logo can make people think your attraction is cheap and not worth going to.

5. While imagery in a logo can make it look cooler, sometimes it can work just the opposite and make the logo cluttered and hard to read. Imagery needs to be balanced delicately with the text itself. Sometimes the best logos are the simplest ones.

The more effort you put into designing a good logo, the more it will show on all your print materials, website, etc. Don't sell yourself short by just throwing something together.

Hope this helps
          Last edited by hsmag; 08-17-2009, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all the great advice. I tried something out just wanted some opinions.

Here's a good question should this "branding" be shorter or like a symbol?
            Attached Files

Comment

I might be able to give you some pointers as well.

The couple of logos you have shown are a bit hard to read.

The typeface you are using is too decorative. I have your logo a foot in front of me on a 24" monitor and I am still struggling in making out what it says.

Now I would suggest using a typeface that is thicker and bolder if you are going to use this over black. Dont rely too much on finding the "scariest" looking font you can find. Use good / solid fonts and make them look creepy with textures, lettering placements, etc..

A good logo should be easily read on a billboard from a traveling car. Even if you do not intend to use it on a billboard, that is just a good rule to go by.

A big mistake you see is people finding crazy fonts and adding some crazy background behind it that makes it almost impossible to read.

What I like to do is create the logo in Illustrator first. This way you have a nice solid vector logo that can be resized to anything you like. You can take an easy serif or non serif font and adjust it by clicking and dragging the points on the font to change the shape up to something completely different.

After I have the text looking the way I want, I bring it into Adobe Photoshop and start working it in hi-res. Here you can add cool textures, playing with colors, layer adjustments, all that fun stuff. OR I can take my vector logo that I created and bring it into 3D Studio Max and render it in 3d and touch it up in Photoshop or bring in a cool background.

So those are some things to keep in mind and play with. If you see a style of a logo or type treatment you like such as from a horror movie poster, DVD, or anywhere on the web. Try to copy that look with your own logo.

You can view some of my logos haunt related and not here. Most of these are old and I have not updated this logo section on my page in forever but it gives you some ideas on making a solid logo and branding.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/travism...7612329595779/

Hope this helps you out and if you have any questions or need some tips, just send me an email.

travis@brutalindustries.com
              Travis Magee
              Brutal Industries LLC
              www.brutalindustries.com
              www.facebook.com/brutalindustries13

Comment

Thanks Brutal you were a big help and a giant factor in deciding to throw out that whole design. I'll keep working on it.

Oh and you stuff looks really good I hope its ok if I take a little inspiration from some of your work. Don't worry I'll also be needing you for some web design services in the near future.

Thanks again.

PS. Once I'm done with another round of ideas I'll post em up for you guys to help with. Thanks all!

Comment

no problem.

good luck!
                  Travis Magee
                  Brutal Industries LLC
                  www.brutalindustries.com

Comment

Couple of interesting developments. Incrementum Fear will be doing a haunt at a locat paintball field. For next season. The patrons will be able(eventually) shoot the actors with paintball guns as they jump out and scare them. I don't think we can get the actors too close but I'm sure in a years time we'll figure out a system for a more personal yet safe scare.

Second this October 31st I will be going to the Playboy Mansion for their Halloween party! Its gonna be friggin AWESOME!

The last thing is after working on a new idea for a few hours just wanted to post it up and see what you all thought.

PS. All the collaboration is really helping me bounce ideas so I appreciate any and all help or comments with this logo design.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looking better.

Just a rule of thumb.

Never use All Caps with a Script Font. Thats a big typography no no.
                      Travis Magee
                      Brutal Industries LLC
                      www.brutalindustries.com

Comment

Working...
                      X