Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is your Haunt located in proximity to your patrons/customers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is your Haunt located in proximity to your patrons/customers?

How far away do the majority of your customers come from? Are you rural serving a near by city? Are you urban? Are you suburban? .... But most of all, if you are rural, how far out do you find people coming out to visit your attraction?
    Do not own a haunt
    9.09%
    within 5 miles
    27.27%
    within 10 miles
    18.18%
    30 miles away
    36.36%
    60 miles away
    9.09%
    90 miles away
    0.00%
    120+ miles away
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

- Jordan

20 miles north of Baltimore City

We're located 3 miles from I-95, and our exit is 20 miles north of Baltimore City. Its funny, we will draw people all day long from Baltimore City and Annapolis (50 miles) and even farther, but we can't get people to drive from a big local crunchy granola town nearby.
    Patrick Barberry
    www.legendsofthefog.com
    sigpic

Comment

The Locals..

Are in no hurry to see your place, they take their time....they all ready know every little thing about it, they critiqued it all over a couple of dozen "Cold Ones"(Most people aren't to talkative in a morgue!?)
      I see people here who will talk all about what I do here and they have Never been in the place.
      You can recognise them easily by their footwear, they wear slip-ons makes computing my networth easier when the "cyphering" begins since they WILL be counting the second tens using their toes.

I am located a 2 1/2 to 3 hr. drive from Chicago. The three closest, biggest towns are 25/25/35 miles away and their listed populations total maybe as much as 61,000. This county only has 17,000 pop, all mostly elderly or young-unemployed.
      Some larger populations are a 60 to 80 minute drive away, Rockford, Ill., Dubuque, Iowa and the Quadcities, located on the river in Iowa and Ill.
      I think I once determined that 180,000 people live within comfortable driving distance of Mount Carroll.
      We are also just 10 miles from The Miss. River and many campgrounds and incredible parks.
      This is also the widest part of the river and the portion of the river that is still not considered "Dead" by the US Army Corps. of engineers like the rest of the river south of the quad-Cites, so fish and birds live here in abundance before they dance in your bun for supper.
      As far as the local economy? Every major, good paying employer within 35 miles of this town have all dried up and blown away over the last 20 years.
      The farm income levels vary alot too and the small farms are about done, they make not enough profit.
      ?
      Last edited by Jim Warfield; 08-11-2009, 10:33 PM.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim, do you get many people from Chicago out there?
        - Jordan

Comment

the number one reason

We probably get so many Chicago people out here is because old rt.64 (also known as North Ave. in Chicago) is a straight shot and shortest distance from Chicago to Iowa and the Miss. River.
          Another tourist magnet is the city of Galena, ill. 45 miles to our northwest, "Home of General Grant" sucking in 3 million visitors annually. Galena is also a huge concentration of Bed & Breakfasts, it just screams "Tourists!"
          I began my own grassroots promotion of my house with a letter to the Chicago Tribune that got published in their massive Haunted house page one October.
          My house DOES have seven physical levels and requires anywhere from 60 to 90 minutes to get through it and I advertised the guaranteed but optional scare package. The phone went crazy ringing non-stop for three days:"Where's Mount Carroll? How do we get there?"
          That weekend was when I got my promotion from "Village Idiot" ("That haunted house will never work, nobody will ever come here for that!") To town genious, bringing in all new customers for every other business in this little town, the taverns, restaurants, gas stations motels, bed& breakfasts, antique stores and even the real estate people who sold houses to these customers who would have never been here if it weren't for them coming to see my house.
          I admit I feel more comfortable being "Village Idiot" though.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
          X