No announcement yet.

Most Embarrassing moment!!!...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This season, I climbed up on a small table on a whim. Someone had water on it or something. My boot slipped off the edge and i landed on all fours HARD, right as the first group left and another came in. They chuckled until I turned around and asumed my full height. Then they didnt think it was so funny.

Comment

A Year Ago...

I said my house was built by a boatload of midgets with bad tools...
      I had been standing beside the front door checking everyone's ticket as they passed me..
      The lights went up and a very short, frail older woman about 40 inches tall stood up as she got off the couch.
      I guess I had overlooked her?
      Sort of like the time I politely asked a teenage boy if he had broke his leg, he was on a crutch, cast on the leg.
      "No, something is wrong with my leg, it might be cancerous, they might cut my leg off."
      (Sorry I asked, just trying to be nice)
      Or the time a 12 yr. old boy was coming through for his second time with his parents. I pretended that I wanted to cut his finger off, he fought hard to keep his hand away from me, I said, "What's the big deal? You got ten of them?"
      "I got 5!"
      "You got 10!"
      "I got 5!!" He then pulled back his sleeve to show me he only had five fingers.....
      ...but he had only been here ONCE before, not 5 other times!
      He just kept on coming BACK!!?
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Most embarasing for me had to be one of the times I was working in our opening rooms. We have two rooms that the patrons go into first before they walk through the house, both are identical except for how their operated. One room has a button for the actor to press in the podeum to begin the show, the other rooms button is behind the bookshelf and needs one other actor to press it from a voice cue (we had to hurry to finish the room). The patrons eneter the room and I make my speech really big, at the end I say the word that cues the other actor to press the button. I must not have been loud enough cause they never pressed it... So here I sit with a room full of patrons and an awkward silence. I had to go behind the bookshelf and tell the actor to press the button...so lame >

Comment

Ran out at a group with a chainsaw, not realizing i had accidentally unplugged it... far less scary without any noise.

Operating a drop pannel, dropped it but it got caught at the top of the pannel, but i continued to try and pop my head out, so i just smashed my face on the back of the pannel.
          Mike Quill
          Fear Town Haunted House

Comment

My Helper's Embarrassment

He got airborne, flying into a room full of patrons, flying with arms out like Superman, crashed and "burned", hitting his head pretty hard, rolling on the floor for his landing zone.
            "Are you alright? Did you get hurt?"
            "Naw! All just part of the show."
            Pretty scary seeing a 300 pounder do this acrobatic!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Not mine but a friends moment that I feel needs to be shared. He was working a coffin room and one was closed set up like a wake. He was a guy who always wore cowboy boots well that combined with he figure out if he jumped down from the rafters it made one hell of a bang. Well he jumped down to scare a group hit the coffin, feet slid off the coffin and he ended up doing the splits. Gotta give credit he's a tough guy got up kept going like nothing happened. He's also a rodeo bull rider so that might of helped that fact

Comment

You Just Reminded Me.

With the cowboy splits incident of a helper here who once entered a room flying through the air like Superman, small cape on, arms straight out, and he was actually flying through the air (for awhile)
                He landed on his side and head rather suddenly and hard.
                "Are you all right?" The customers asked.
                "It's all just part of the show, part of the show." He said.
                That was his last time doing that.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Was jumping from a hallway onto a platform in a maze and my coveralls got caught on a nail without me knowing ripped the whole entire butt i jumped down did the scare and walked off and bam they noticed my under roos were showing and i noticed a nice breeze. and it was only the beginning of the night and there was nothing to stitch it up with. and the tear went around to the front. so lets just say i had to think of a story quick as to why half of my coveralls were gone

Comment

I was 19 helping the local Jaycee's with there haunted house. We had a cemetary and a grave robbers scene. The scare was a zombie in the coffin. And the grave robber persuaded someone to remove a ring from the zombies hand. More or less getting them to help rob the grave. When the person tried to grab the ring the zombie would jump up and scare them. The person dressed as the zombie looked pretty fake under the blacklights, fog, and strobes. Anyway that night I was the zombie and on this particular group I sprung up but didnt get up far enough to get to my feet and fell back into the coffin. LOL! And the group laughed but when they let their guard down laughing at me. We had another actor dressed as a werewolf that came behind them and scared them. Fun times!
                    Damon
                    Damon Carson

Comment

In my now 18 years of haunt acting there have been plenty of embarrassing moments...but if I had to pick the MOST embarrassing one...hmmm.

Similar to an above story...but had a night where I was wearing a long but loosely fitting cloak...and black knee high socks...with only other clothing under being boxers (it was a hot night and makeup was covering anything else that would have shown outside the cloak). Well I was creeping through the rafters of one of the haunts and proceeded to jump down behind a group of customers, only the cloak caught on a screw and didnt come down with me, almost cartoon style.

So the customers turn around and there I am in bright pumpkin boxers, black thigh high socks, and makeup on my face and up to forearms...I wanted to just cover myself and run away, but thought quick and ran with it...instantly changed from a ghoul character into a mental patient who's "clothes were lost and trying to attack people" running around screaming "have you seen my clothes?!! They are loose and dangerous!!". Basically ran outside like this screaming and after getting over to the office and sending others back to grab my cloak had about 20 minutes of interesting dialogue and reactions. It was definitely fun though...lol, and not to mention a great story to tell!

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                      -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

As a street roamer for Screams, I pick my target and follow them for a while. A group of boys were harassing me as I was targeting a young woman. When I took off after her, I tripped and sprawled face-first into the gravel, my pirate hat flying off my head. One of the boys immediately scooped up my hat and plopped it on his head and took off. Upon regaining my composure, as best I could, I demanded my hat back. He returned it immediately.

Two weeks later when the group of boys returned, I asked, "Who tripped me?" and, I am pleased to announce, his entire group of 'friends' sold him out without delay!

I fell due to my own clumsiness, but they gave-up the kid that ran with me like a rotten apple!

Comment

A real scare known only by.."AH!"

As I am explaining the water that runs down the wall of the wine cellar is coming from a well behind that part of the wall I pretend to get so engrossed in explaining it that I "accidentally"
                          say that is where you will find the bodys of my first three Wiv..."
                          Then I quickly turn my face away from everyone and begin quietly telling myself, "Their bodies are not there, are not there, not there..."
                          A few weeks ago as I abruptly cut off the word "wife" in half and quickly turned and went silent, a boy about 14 in the group emmited a sharp, quick sound sort of like "AH!"
                          He was standing in a creepy underground old room with an accidentally confessing serial murderer!
                          (Even though the rest of the group were standing right there!)
                          This reaction had never happened before I thought it was so incredible and Funny!
                          My three ex's bodies are not at the bottom of that well......only their heads!
                          I sold the "Good Parts" to a guy from St. Louis who runs a haunted house...hahahahaha!
                          And ironically an ex of mine will be moving to that area soon, she said!
                          Head, complete body.
                          His reaction was so classic!
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Well, I'm on the haunted hayride, so a lot of embarassing things have happened to me. On the first night of the 2010 season, on the VERY FIRST WAGON, I ran out, slammed into a metal pole, and fell down. I stood up, shook it off, and jumped on the wagon. (I later realized I tore open my shoulder and blood was running down my arm.) As I leaped and spun off the wagon, my foot caught the edge of the cornstalks beside the hayride, and i face-planted about 7 feet straight down into the ground.
                            Don't throw a baby at anything. Even a Burgalar

Comment

The only thing that comes to mind was back at house of shock there was a waterfall fountain that was supposed to be all spooky!! You stick your hand in and you got garbed and touched a little, Oooooo...scary. This would be scary all the time if you had the right person working it the whole time. No this person went to the bathroom or something and left little 17 year old Jessica in his place that had no idea what she was doing.

Long story short I was goofing off and fell threw the water and got soaked right in front of a nice group. There was no way back in the way I came and the way I fell... My back was soaked and my front was wet all except my crotch. So I had to walk past a lot of people, and then more people that had no idea what happened to get me in this situation. So a lot of people that night think I was just some random customer that got to scared and wet herself.

People even took pictures.
                              ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
                              ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
                              ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
                              ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

Last season I played a deranged doctor in our autopsy room and had quite a bitof interaction with the patrons. At one point, I was yelling at a group and my fake teeth flew out of my mouth and landed on a girls foot.

Somehow I stayed in character and berated the group for making me so angry that my dentures fell out.

Comment

Working...
                                X