Santa Hangs a Girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by graystone View Post
    Why would he need to drink alcohol? You don't need to be boozed up for a good scare lol.
    I dont know shane...Ive been around alot of drunk women and they are by far the scariest thing ive seen
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

I agree with everybody else that it's a bad idea. Not just that but if you do a scene with Santa killing someone who may or may not be representing a child, you'll have media, local church groups and other activists. There's a group out there right now called "Parents Of Murdered Children" who have already criticized haunted attractions because they "glorify death and murder". I think the idea of the scene is tasteless myself. Just my opinion.

Comment

Lmao tater!

Heck I never thought of that one LMAO! Shane and its good one man! Shane this time.
        sigpic

Comment

I came across this the other day and I think it demonstrates my point perfectly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrisQ...eature=related

I'm sure these guys saw no need to worry about things over to the left; they were pulling over to the right and there was tension on it and that's the way they were pulling and there was no way it was going to fall anwhere else. And guess what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by thehauntedhollows View Post

The guy who had this idea said the girl would be harnessed, and the noose would just be loosely taped to the rafter on the ceiling so that if the harness broke she would not actually be hung.
            Tell "The guy" to wear a helmet and ear plugs when he explains this to your insurance agent.

Comment

allright so I'll scrap that idea. I think I will go with Shanes idea. That way we can still use the $500 worth of chrismas supplies we bought at 90% off for $50 at Target after Christmas!
              Ben
              Haunted Hollows Co- Owner

Comment

There are still plenty of ways to make Christmas scary.

BBQ reindeer? Demented elves? How about a deformed snowman sitting there who jumps up as people walk through? That can be one of those simple, unexpected scares that gets them everytime.

Comment

I like phreakout's idea about somebody popping out of a fake chimney to attack somebody, but I don't think it should be Santa attacking anyone (maybe the grinch? or some other creep, elf, abominable snowman, or critter) and I'm not sure a grandmother should be attacked. Even popping out of a chimney could scare the pee out of patrons if done right. The set could be totally decorated with Christmas props, with soothing Christmas music playing in the background, at least until the big scare.
                  Last edited by BarbieHaunt; 08-14-2009, 01:51 AM.

BarbieHaunt
                  Friends Sold Separately
                  (You Too Can Be Sold -
                  Just Join Our Friends List!
                  Obviously Kidding About Being Sold)

Actually, as explained previously in a thread we started, the silly name BarbieHaunt has absolutely nothing to do with Barbie dolls but was our private joke name because before the haunt's pink and blue styrofoam walls are hard coated and painted, it reminds us of a Barbie Dream Haunt.

Comment

How about using something along the lines of Robot Santa from Futurama? Pretty scary, yet darkly humorous stuff.

Remember the controversy surrounding movies like "Silent Night, Deadly Night" and "Santa Slay"? I think people just aren't ready to see Santa killing, which is why the robot idea worked on the cartoon...
                    http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                    http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

I would think the big issue would be the hanging. I remember a long thread about simulated hangings a while back, and most everyone agreed that it is far too risky, especially given the fact that multiple people have been accidentally killed by hanging in haunts.

One of Fright Dome's (Las Vegas) haunts last year was Christmas themed, and it was fantastic. I don't remember any murderous Santa though. I do remember that there was a Christmas tree that jumped at patrons! That tree actually scared my friend, who had not been scared by a single thing in the other three Dome haunts we went to earlier that night. I think it was the "completely unexpected" factor that got her. They also made it snow inside the haunt, which was very cool! Maybe try to set up some kind of unique scare that nobody would predict, like having a Christmas present attack people, or something?

Comment

Steer away from hanging a child as well. People with children will be all over your ass for displaying a scene such as this. You cant always go with ideas your help gives you. You must use your better judgement and decide what going to far really is. Santa or no Santa.
                        Damon
                        Damon Carson

Comment

agree kids will get too upset about this i think the girlfriend/ boyfriend is great idea romantic get away but really a jealous rage the gf could have cheated on the bf and its their anniversary and he says i have a neacklace for you etc etc etc or vice versa you dont see 2 many women killers lol a christmas tree jumping at ppl

if you do do the hanging i think that the rope needs to be detachable like have the hang rope thats around the persons neck velcrowed to the ceiling or what ever that way there will be less risk
                          Last edited by snowfreak666; 08-17-2009, 07:52 PM.
                          I just loved walking through Busch Gardens with my friend and staring at people... we didn't work there and all we had was face make up. Yet, my friend and I still shook them up.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Our new idea is actually to have a girl pulled up a chimney via an electric winch. If that doesn't seem feasible we will probably do the gf/bf scene
                            Ben
                            Haunted Hollows Co- Owner

Comment

OHHHHHH i got it nightmarge before christmas dugh well don't go by it just the idea of possesd toys and the girl getting sucked up I read u don't want to do know shows movies etc b/c the ppl are already comfortable it so yeah thats what the sucked up thing made me thing of nightmare b4 xmas so u get the idea of things like that umm hanging does freak the shiz out of me my mom don't ppl being burn i don't like hangings perhaps u can still use it just not on a real person have like dummies of elves or dear or something but if kids are comming thru u don't want to scare xmas for them! good luck
                              I just loved walking through Busch Gardens with my friend and staring at people... we didn't work there and all we had was face make up. Yet, my friend and I still shook them up.

Comment

Here You Go.

Have a large teeter-toter, or is it a scale?
                                And it is a scientific experiment, or is it a game show?
                                "How many elves equal Santa as they all hang thrashing by their necks on opposite ends of the scale?"
                                .....it must be a game show.
                                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                                X