Santa Hangs a Girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa Hangs a Girl

Okay, I need your input on this. One of the guys I work with wants to have a Christmas Scene in one of our cabins. His plan is to have the guests enter, and see a girl lay out cookies and milk for Santa, and get into her bed. Then, Santa would emerge from the chimney. He would look like a bum with a santa costume. He would pour some alcohol into the milk and take a swig of it, and then the liitle girl would say "Oh Santa, you are here, did you get me the necklace I wanted?" Then, Santa would say "Yes, just stand on this stool so I can put it on, close your eyes." Instead of a necklace, he would place a noose around her neck and kick the stool out, followed by the addition of a strobelight, that would end the scene.

The guy who had this idea said the girl would be harnessed, and the noose would just be loosely taped to the rafter on the ceiling so that if the harness broke she would not actually be hung.

I keep saying I think this is going a little too far, and that parents would be mad, and kids distraught beyond our intentions. Not only that, this is a town sponsored Non Profit event.

So in your opinion, is this going too far as a haunt scene? And if it is, how could we make it less extreme while still keeping the theme and a scary scene?

Thanks
    Ben
    Haunted Hollows Co- Owner

Taboo!

Why would he need to drink alcohol? You don't need to be boozed up for a good scare lol. Anyway I think that you should stay away from this. I guess if you don't have kids go through then you might can get away from it.

Years ago and I mean like 15 years ago I did a Santa carrying an ax in one hand and a head in another with blood in his beard and suit. The next day man the phone started ringing and man I got chewed out right and left. No Santa the next night! Shane and its a bad idea! Shane this time.
    Last edited by graystone; 08-12-2009, 06:58 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

I don't know

Yeah I'm not really sure about this room. I have worked in past haunts years ago who did an evil Santa room with corpses and a dead Mrs. Claus chained to a butchers table. It was just a Christmas Massacre! I'm sure there was some people who where very grossed out or offended. If you do do it. I would leave out the booze like Shane said in his post.
      ~Bill Mlinac
      The Deadland Haunted House
      www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
      www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

allright, have any ideas of how we can still keep the general theme and idea, just lessen the extremness?
        Ben

Comment

"Here's how you hang yourself, Kids!"

..and look, nobody really got hurt.
          Until one of the young audience member trys it at home...
          And why did "Santa" hang the girl?
          Well then she couldn't tell anyone what he had done to her because dead witnesses don't testify too well. (think "Pervert")
          If anyone in the audience gets a warm, happy feeling inside from this hanging show, have them sign up for some heavy-duty councilling.
          Back to the old Roman colosseum, bring out the warriers , the innocents and the beasts, let the carnage begin!
          Now you feel better, right?
          "Film at 11!"
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

this idea has "nay nay" written all over it
            Ben

Comment

Well.....

Just do it as a crazed boyfriend and girlfriend go away for the weekend to a cabin and use the same scare that you were going to do sounds simple to me. Shane and its I think that would work! Shane this time.
              sigpic

Comment

Shane,
                Excellent Idea- I will probably do that. Thanks so much.

Ben
                Ben

Comment

stay away from Santa, glad to hear you are not going to do it.
                  Allen H
                  www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I agree with Allen. Stay away from the Saint. He's such an iconic character who represents good. I can see where the irony would come from if he went bad, but hanging someone is not the way to do it!
                    O'Shawn McClendon
                    Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

The idea of the real noose bothers me. Yeah, it'll work fine in rehearal. But after 87 times in one night, what happens if they get bored and a little sloppy and try to take a shortcut? Could lead to a real problem.

Comment

We all know Santa mastribates but he's not a killer.
                        What are you doing on this street corner tonight Santa? What are you looking for?
                        "Ho-ho-hos!"
                        In the meanwhile he's all red in the face, breathing hard and sort of confused hurridly giving away millions of dollars in expensive toys to strangers.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

ok im sick i thought this was going to be about something in the news damn it
                          I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

I still like the idea though of someone crawling out of the chimney to attack someone.

maybe replace the little girl with a grandmother who fell asleep in her chair, and have some hell bent freak crawl down the chimney.

Comment

Damn

I Would Have LOVED To See THAT SCENE !! LMFAO.... Hell yeah !

"Pardon me I love the extreme stuff...."
                              yeah I do think the alcohol is a bit much ( BUT ) I dont think it would really have to say JACK DANIELS on the bottle...

I would say it depended highly on what type of haunt you are and what advertisement you use... choose your demograghic wisely Skywalker it may backfire if the customer base doesnt like it. It DOES work for some.... but usually bigger cities with broader demograghics

( Dont ask me why it a smidge taboo for you to use alcohol but cool to do the scene )

Im afraid of using anything with drugs or alcohol .... it seems to make people more angry ...

I think with some tweaking the scene could be awesome.... BUT if you do choose to use a noose ( FOR ANYTHING ) DO NOT ATTACH IT TO ANYTHING.... there are ways to do this safely and you need to do the research....

and its ~DUDE~ you have a kick-ass idea ~DUDE~ This Time !!!
                              "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
                              www.maliciousstudios.com
                              "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
                              http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

Working...
                              X