X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kelly, that made me laugh SO HARD!
    Don't throw a baby at anything. Even a Burgalar

Comment

On a very slow night we got a VERY sudden influx of people.

A group of atleast 20 was piled through because they were the last group of the night.

They make it down a stretch of hallway, me being the rover I hadn't yet had the pleasure of making their aquaintence.
      So as they are rambunctiously powering through the hallway. I squeek my horn and clear my throat. Ahem.

Almost as one they all turn and look at me. The ones closest to the back look terrified at this point.
      I grin like a fool.
      Give out a hoarse growl.
      Then drop to all fours and bark and growl like a dog (Not sure why i did it, I guess my character just thought it was teht hing to do. I loose myself into my insane character sometimes) I start haulin' ass on all fours towards them and I have never seen 20 people fall over in unison in fear.

It was fantastic.

So once they are all on the floor cowering.

I assume my full height (About 6'5 with my shoes on) And i clear my throat again.
      Ahem.

Dust myself off.
      They are all just paralyzed at this point and i am not really sure why. So I just get down inches from the poor girl closest to my feet and whisper in a hoarse voice with the meanest grin i could muster...

"Boo" apparently it was louder then i thought it would be and they all got up and once and ran to the next room..
      I will never forget it.

Comment

Is it wrong that I feel my best scares are when people hurt themselves due to being so scared?

i.e. face planting, running into poles, running into food trailer

Comment

When people hurt themselves

The second time that I did the wall dropping/crypt room that I posted the vids on, the first group of the season was a guy and I girl. They entered the room, walked all the way to the opposite side and stared at the wall wondering where to go. The lights go out and the walls come down. The lights come back on and that girl was taken by such a supprise by the characters in her face that she litterally flew backwards coming off her feet. She went head first into the floor and the bottom part of one of my walls that was screwed into the concrete so hard that the boards of the wall split out, messing up one of my limit switches used to control my lighting.

I come right out to help her and make sure she was ok. She got up and continued through the house. I thought sure as hell she would have needed SOME TYPE of first aid.

We all just joke about it now cause we scared the first group so bad she wrecked my room. Had me shut down fixing the wall and switch for 15-20 minutes!

It should be ok to laugh about it, right?

Kelly Anderson
          www.hauntyourhouse.net
          Last edited by Kelly Anderson; 08-25-2009, 10:36 PM.
          Kelly Anderson
          Owner- Halloween Undercroft
          http://www.halloweenundercroft.com/
          Owner- Haunt Your House llc

Comment

Hurt Drunken Customers

The drunk woman passed out, fell whopped her head against..something (no blood she is very short she didn't have far to fall) her drunken friends helped her up (picking her up) she was still unconscious, they released their hold on her, she fell again because of them, hitting hard a second time.
            Another true drunk story. Tell me again why we ever allow drunks in the door?
            What percentage of our customers are drunk?
            How drunk are they?
            I have no fun being a bartender , bouncer, Policeman or janitor and I don't enjoy fixing things broken by drunks when 10,000 sober customers never broke the item, know what I mean?
            My least favorite drunken mentality is the drunks who sees "challenges" where none were given.
            "Oh, yah!? I can do that!" (But nobody asked you to!)
            Then they proceed to climb up my downspouts on the corner of my house or run full speed across the parking lot to tackle a 4 by 4 sign post that is very securely buried in the ground.
            He should have broke his collar bone but just bounced off of it...then came too..and entertained us by crawling up the post like a snake..up over the top of the Lions Club sign, 10 feet high in the air, then snaked his way down the other side , head-first!?
            Tonight a couple came through the house with stories of the relatives, Mom and Aunts who were here a year ago and screamed, laughed , had a great time!
            this couple was very interesting with their own ghost/supernatural incidents to tell about. the woman once worked in a few haunted houses and is considered "Weird" "Scary" because nothing scares her!
            At the tour's conclusion she said this was the first time that she had ever been scared in a haunted house!
            Of course her cursing and screaming 25 different times here might count as getting scared quite a few times too!
            Everytime she was exclaim "God!" I would soon/later say quietly in a deep voice, "Yes?" Which always amused and distracted her.
            I love it when people look at me in a costume or some-such and say , "God!' Then I say:"You have Strange" gods!"
            "God help me!" Has been heard to be closely followed by:"I'm sorry to inform you that God is on his break right now (having a beer at Charlie's next door) and he will not be able to help you !"
            "God!"
            "Yes! God is now accepting financial donations too!"
            Last edited by Jim Warfield; 08-26-2009, 12:43 AM.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
            X