Dang Wasps!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang Wasps!!!

Do you guys have to go around your haunt and do Wasp nest clean up ever stinkin year too? I thought I had them all killed off a month or 2 ago, just a few minutes ago I found 2 huge nests right at the ticket booth/customer entry. man I hate those things....
    www.kellymanor.com - - - - - - - - www.myspace.com/kellymanor

Must be a texas thing, mud daubers more than paper wasps though. They love to build nests in the nostrils and mouths of the exhibits in my monster museum.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Dirt Dobbers and wasps

Aren't they wonderful!!! The Dirt Dobbers built nests in the mortar lines of my crypt that is carved out of foam (in between the "stones"). I was picking up some free wall panels in a warehouse yesterday, and I made the mistake of opening the door to a moving truck that was backed up to the dock. It had been sitting there long enough for wasps to build 2 huge nests on the top of the roll doors and when I opened the door, one of the nests got knocked off! Needless to say, the wasps were pissed! So were the ones on the nest that stayed on the door, because they got the ride of their life.

I am helping out with a haunted junkyard hayride, and I am sure that when we start moving the stacks of 1000's of tires to form a path for the hayride, we will probably encounter wasps, hornets, yellowjackets, and everything else!!
      Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations
      Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC/ Folklore Haunted House
      www.folklorehauntedhouse.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by danglin View Post
        , we will probably encounter wasps, hornets, yellowjackets, and everything else!!

I encountered the "everything else" on our new trail the other day...

... found this one under some old railroad ties. Gave myself the first big scare of the season! We had to get rid of it, of course.

Blood Lake Haunted House & Haunts of Richmond Ghost Tours
        www.bloodlakeva.com www.hauntsofrichmond.com
        Located in Richmond, VA

Comment

Ewww...thats a nasty booger!! I found a big red wasp yesterday behind our window shutters and luckily had some hot shot on hand. I'm as scared of those as I am the snakes. We usually have a snake problem every year too and still havent figured out where they are gettting in. I guess they are after all of the rats we have also!?
          http://www.myspace.com/scareview

Comment

I was starting to build walls for my haunt out of partical board and wasps were absoultly crazy! Its so hard to work when you have wasps flying round you! I just cant wait till it gets a little cooler out
            Matthew Colton
            Frightworld America's Screampark
            http://www.frightworld.com/

Comment

Two Days ago..

An old truck pulled into the drive up window at the KFC near here their cargo was numerous crates full of bees who decided to jump ship and swarm for a day in the KFC drive up area. (Maybe their "Queen" led them astray?)
              We come wheeling up later with the windows down and the roof panels off of the Jeep and my Wife is allergic to bee stings! The Jeep is yellow with black fenders, maybe we looked "Queen-like" to them?
              "Whoops!"
              It would have been nice if they had put a sign and maybe a rope across the drive way so that corner would not get turned!
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

It seems the bees are bad this year around here, they're everywhere on my trail. My brother moved a base to something and a swarm attacked all of us a few days back. Everyone got stung a couple times at least! We've also seen several snakes this year as well....

Allan

Comment

Kfc drive thru " Would you like any honey with your biscuits sir?"
                  Jim "NO THANK YOU!!! WE HAVE PLENTY!"
                  Bee's "BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ!"
                  Damon LMAO!!!
                  Damon Carson

Comment

wasps

Funny thing you mention the wasps....just the other day we were getting the wall panels out and found a nest of yellow jackets...and one found me....the awesome part is that im terribly allergic....o well...lol

Kale

Comment

Yellow jackets

Here in Georgia, the yellow jackets seem to be much more active than they usually are. I have already had to destroy 2 large nests in the ground near my house. Usually it is September before we see this many.
                      Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations
                      Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC/ Folklore Haunted House
                      www.folklorehauntedhouse.com

sigpic

Comment

My Mother Heard Yelling and Screaming

She looked out her kitchen window and my best friend Mike and I were hitting Mike's two sisters on their legs with sticks and they were screaming!
                        A ho;e in the ground next to the corner of my playhouse was a almost solid stream of yellow jackets attacking us and Mike and I were trying to do the gallant thing and defend the helpless insect-covered females.
                        At first look it sure looked like Mike and I were totally nuts!
                        (No we weren't members of the" He-man Woman Hater's Club" ---- Little Rascals))
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                        X