Help me name my TransWorld Seminar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me name my TransWorld Seminar

I figured I would throw this out there. This photo was taken today of the construction of some big reaper hands for the new "Soul Takers Burial Ground" section of Haunted Overload. You can see the heads in the background. They still need paint and the hands need texture and paint to match the heads. These figures will be relatively small at 10 to 12 feet tall but there will be 8 of them. I thought it looked cool and it got me thinking of the seminar I will present on these techniques at this year's Transworld. Right now the working title is just Big Monsters, that's the one they are using for now. I would like to come up with a much better name for the seminar, something catchy and more interesting. I have some ideas of my own but I wanted to see what you guys would come up with. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks and enjoy the photo.
    Eric

Last edited by elowther; 08-17-2009, 10:20 PM.
    www.hauntedoverload.com

Maybe something along the lines of:

Constructing Colossal Creatures (or Creations)
    Making Mammoth Monsters
    Katie Lane
    Partner/VP
    Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
    sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

I like "Mammoth Monsters" or maybe "Monstrous Monsters".
      Last edited by Front Yard Fright; 08-17-2009, 09:41 PM.
      Zach Wiechmann
      www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Towering Terrors?

Too cute. I actually like Big Monsters. It's short, to the point and self-explanatory. Anyone who asks what the seminar is about shouldn't be let in because they probably won't be able to follow along anyway. :roll:

Comment

"Larger Than Life Lowther Style"!

This siminar will showcase the large yet over the top monsters thats made Haunted Overload such a success. Eric Lowther will tell you and show you how its done so you too can have that larger than life over the top creation at your next halloween event.

Shane and its or just maybe "Larger Than Life" Shane this time
          Last edited by graystone; 08-18-2009, 04:26 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

All good ones. Thanks a lot for the input! I like Shane's best just " Larger than Life" so far.

Eric
            www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Somehow you need to include what you are teaching, the titles are great, but is it acting, dialog, construction, design, costumes, facades, what is it.

A hybrid like Larger than Life Creature Construction.

Comment

"Ouch!"

This picture reminds me of last week when my grinder buzzed my thumb knuckle!
                Lucky I had a .045 thick wheel on at the time instead of something bigger.
                A fortune teller once warned me that I should not work with tools because I'm "Accident Prone".
                My first real tool kit was in my working hands when I was about 4yrs. old. I survived 15 adult years doing plumbing/heating work and have done 98% of all work done here for the last 22 years and I'm now 60 yrs. old. Two eyes, ten fingers, my back still bends, but I have consciously avoided any sexual machinery and of course I don't go into haunted houses!!!! hahahahha!
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Boni,

That's a real good one! The seminar will focus mostly on how to construct a variety of very large monsters/ figures for your event out of common and low cost materials. It will also touch on other do it yourself prop building and detailing techniques that can be applied on a smaller scale indoors or out.

So far "Larger than Life Creature Construction" is the front runner. It will be interesting to see if someone can top that title. I can add the description under the main title heading in the Transworld brochure.

Thanks a lot!

Eric
                  www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

"Going Tall"

"Looking Up!" "Bigger, Scarier!" "Big & Tall On A Junk Collector's Budget".
                    Many people are not tool users, many can't allocate enough time to build much.
                    The big steel skull infront of my house probably took 175 hours, maybe more?
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Props to large to buy at your local Spencer Gifts!
                      Damon
                      Damon Carson

Comment

Eric

Do I get anything for putting everyone on the right track! Shane and its I take credit cards! Shane this time!
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks Shane for putting us on the right track. I really like yours and Boni's name combo. How about a pink 4 wheeler for you? LOL! You guy's will have to search through the 80's thread to find out what that means.

Eric
                          www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

How about..."Sometimes size DOES matter."

Not that I've heard that personally!!!
                            Last edited by RJ Productions; 08-19-2009, 01:30 AM.
                            R&J Productions
                            Las Vegas, NV
                            www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

I like the tone of this one, it is simple, but says all...

"Think BIG"
                              Frank W. Balzer
                              FrankWillisBalzer@yahoo.com
                              http://frankwillisbalzer.viewbook.com/
                              --------------------------------------------------
                              www.RotHauntedHouse.com
                              www.R-Fx.com

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X