Anyone else having to wait to set up? :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else having to wait to set up? :(

I can not move into my place until Sept 10th, maybe the 9th if I am really lucky. I feel like I am the most prepared for this season that I have ever been and yet the least ready too. I am SO envious of you others that have been building since the early summer or so while I sit here looking at my walls and props sitting in storage. AUUUGHHHH!
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

YES! i completely am going through the same thing.

we have been freaking building props and panels all summer, and i thought i was so prepared and schedule was good.

then we just found out that we cant get into our building till like 2 weeks before we open.

i think i had an ulcer when i first found this out.
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

That sucks! why do you have to wait so long?
      ~Bill Mlinac
      The Deadland Haunted House
      www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
      www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

I rent the local fairgrounds and they have an event laborday weekend. Oh weel. We have gotten REALLY good at blitzbuilding. Maybe next year I will have a perm place and then wait til you see what I can do with months to build. Mwwwwaaahaaahaaaa!
        www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

dang. that will be quite amazing

for us, we freaking had a guys word on when we could get in, and communication has been so hard, that we have to spend more time getting paperwork and such
          Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

We're going through somewhat of the same problem here at Pain's.

At the end of 2007, we had moved out of our lumber warehouse in search of a larger and more stable building (roof leaked and a corner of it was falling into a large creek!). However finding a new suitable place in the Roanoke/Salem area was harder than we anticipated. We had to skip 2008's and almost this year's season because we couldn't find one. 2009's summer came and went; which made us all nervous. The problem is that when it comes to preparing for our haunt, we start building in July. Fall's just a stone's throw away!

Me and the owner of the haunt honestly thought it wasn't going to happen this year. But then a miracle happened; a building falls into our lap, and it's in a great location for business!

Now comes the tough part: Getting it set up in less than half the time! Here's to hoping we open this year.

Comment

See another advantage of a trailer show.
              I'm actually working on set decorations and effects in two rooms that were redid.

I can do finishing work on rooms in the trailers because the entire finished scene is transported to the location in September!

I don't envy you guys having to install walls, install equipment, install emergency systems, install effects THEN worry about adding props and details!

A permanent location is by far the best, second would be the trailer show which gives you the advantage of working on finished scenes in the off season.
              R&J Productions
              Las Vegas, NV
              www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Waiting

We are in the same type of situation somewhat - We are limited to certian areas to build in due to events at the fairgrounds and we are putting haunts in buildings beside buildings that are being used for events all summer long - Music festival -community days- chile cookoffs - car show
                -Spanish Rodeo- so most weekends we have to keep the sawing nailing and cussing down to a minimum to not disturd the hippies at the folk festival or the fat people(of which I am one) at the all you can eat chile festival - The hip hop festival was louder than we were we almost asked them to crank it down a notch it was shaking our morton building down- the good thing is all the events let us have characters passing out flyers so it is another chance to promote
                Aven

Comment

At SCREAMS we have six shows 5 and 1/2 of them get taken down each year and rebuilt from the ground up, Our grounds also house a renniasance festival so we need to strike in two months and build in three. I know that having to take down my shows like this each year I will never be able to achieve the detail in my sets that I want, so I try to make up for that with killer costuming and actors.
                  Allen H
                  www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I can't start building until Aug 1st. With work, kids, scheduling help, we can fit in 2 days a week, Wed nights and all day Sunday. The crunch is coming, we have less than two months.

If I could spend the 1000's of hours used to construct just to perfect a perm site, oh man that would be so cool.

Maybe next year.

Comment

I hate having to wait

At House of Shadows we own our building which is great. Ive started building for the new season as early as Dec. We dont run heat any more so we freeze our #@$ off here in Wisconsin until the weather starts getting nice again.

My biggest issue now is that I usually try and only set up a couple of rooms. But do to the lack of able and willing adults to build, myself and maybe one other person are the only VERY dedicated people doing the construction. Previous years we've had a dozen or so.

We set up work nights for all the kids to come and help out. Work nights are only one night a week for 3 hours. Kind of hard to accomplish much in that time myself when trying to keep a whole housefull of people busy. You have to wait for one group to get done building there stuff before the next group can get in to do there thing. And after the three hours of help, we have to wait another week before you get all that help again.

Some how we always get it done. After hering some of you talk about only having a few weeks to build your haunt, I see we are quit fortunate to have a permanent site. Im sure you all have gotten damn good at building great haunted houses in such a short amout of time. GOOD LUCK!!

Kelly Anderson
                      www.hauntyourhouse.net
                      Last edited by Kelly Anderson; 08-20-2009, 09:42 AM.
                      Kelly Anderson
                      Owner- Halloween Undercroft
                      http://www.halloweenundercroft.com/
                      Owner- Haunt Your House llc

Comment

I have one year to wait... Booo..!!! still planning and building. The haunt is in my basement all over the place. BUT… I do have a location set for next year. Good luck to everyone this year! Hope you have an enjoyable and profitable season.

Peter T
                        FS
                        Fables Studios
                        Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
                        https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

Working...
                        X