Going rate for make-up artist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going rate for make-up artist

I have been out of the industry for quite some time.( Focusing on the ever growing body art field.) I received an offer the other day from a haunt to do some work as a make-up artist. I was wondering what the going rates are currently. Per hour?? Per Diem ?? I want to make sure I get a fair offer.
    Thanks

The bottom line is what do you think you are worth and they can afford, this could be $10/hour or it could be $50/hour. Do you have to do 50 make ups in an hour, or is it ten make ups in three hours. The cheaper you are the more work you get. If its a hobby then dont charge to much, If it is your living then charge what you need to.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

So what your saying is charge what I think they can afford. It's an amusement park and I'm afraid they may try to low ball me.

Comment

An amusement park huh, well then just make sure they pay you promptly, I waited a year and a half for a check from six flags (took a Lawyer letter to get it). Charge to your skill level, you are a tradesman just like a carpenter so look at those for scale are you a journeyman, apprentice, or master and charge accordingly. I did not say charge what they can afford, i said charge what you are worth. Morally there is a difference.
        Good luck with it,
        Allen H
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
          An amusement park huh, well then just make sure they pay you promptly, I waited a year and a half for a check from six flags (took a Lawyer letter to get it). Charge to your skill level, you are a tradesman just like a carpenter so look at those for scale are you a journeyman, apprentice, or master and charge accordingly. I did not say charge what they can afford, i said charge what you are worth. Morally there is a difference.
          Good luck with it,
          Allen H
          True , I guess I'll wait and see what they offer me. Then I'll decide if it is worth my time. Make-up artist auditions are monday so I'll know then what my answer is. As far as pay goes , I know a few people who have worked for them in the past and had no issues, but thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Working...
          X