How wide for Claustrophobia hallway?? Problems we are having

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How wide for Claustrophobia hallway?? Problems we are having

So we bought the 16' Claustrophobia hall at the haunt show - we installed it today into a 4' wide hallway. Everything seemed great but then we realized one side wasn't inflating all the way, so we shut the other side down until it inflated....but then the other side wouldn't inflate all the way.

How do you get it to inflate evenly and stay that way? Is our hallway to narrow, I thought I was told to use a 4' hallway but maybe I am wrong.

Any help would be great.

Your right, the hallway should be 4'. it sounds like air is escaping somewhere. We have the 12' set and we have to keep the fans on low so it doesnt cause to much pressure so the customers cant get out of it. You didnt say if you purchased the fans with the bags or if you are using something different that what they use. That might be the problem if it isnt the proper fans. We never had a problem with ours not filling up evenly so i would say it is the air escaping somewhere. Just my two cents!
    Greg
    Fearfest
    Greg Allen
    scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
    www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Yes the fans were what was sent to us with the unit. There are no are leaks, it almost seems like one side is overpowering the other side - like I said it happens on both sides depending on which side inflates first.

I have the fans set on the lowest setting also.....Maybe I have to actually leave an opening in the top of both so that some of the air escapes????

Comment

Hmmm, you have me stumped lol. You might call Oak island and ask them what to do. Anybody else have any ideas??? this is interesting!
        Greg
        Greg Allen
        scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
        www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

claustrophobia hall

Are the fans being blocked or framed around in such a way that theres not enough air flow to the fans to allow them to inflate the walls.

We built one of these types of rooms a few years ago. Had a fan on either side to inflate the walls. We made sure the fans were alloud plenty of airflow and everything worked fine.

Kelly
          Kelly Anderson
          Owner- Halloween Undercroft
          http://www.halloweenundercroft.com/
          Owner- Haunt Your House llc

Comment

The fans have nothing at all blocking them, and the walls inflate perfectly one at at time and are very tight......but like I said if you inflate them both its like one overpowers the other and doesn't allow it to inflate.

I'm almost thinking I may have made the seal to tight and very little air is able to escape - i'm going to try to unscrew a few of the grommets and see if allowing some air to get out helps at all today. I'll post the results tonight.

Comment

What about height? Is the hallway high enough? Kind of like those giant goldfish you see in the little fishbowl - the tunnel may be too big for the space. Just a thought.

Comment

Well it looks like the problem was indeed that we actually made the seal to tight, once we took out every other screw along the top they worked just fine

So problem solved they just both needed to breath a little.

Thanks to all who tried to help out with this problem......now we just cross our fingers that no ones wearing spiked jewelry or sharp objects

Comment

Chicken Machine Ventillator

Installed new in a grocery store to vent the cooking fumes. worked on the first two speed settings but the other two or three speeds would fill the store with the greasey smokey fumes.
                  The owner, my Boss tolerated this mystery for years then one fine day had someone look at it.
                  The motor had been running backwards from day-one!
                  It did kinda work on those low speeds running backwards, quite the fooler.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                  X