Need Heater for Chauvet 1250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Heater for Chauvet 1250

Looking for an economical solution to replacing 2 heaters. If I go with Chauvet I'll spend around $80 . If anyone knows of a cheaper solution please let me know.

Normally when a heater goes bad on a fog machine or a Circuit board It is better off to replace the whole thing!, if it is over a few years old. When fog machines get older their circuits tend to corrode due to the wet atmosphere they create. This leads to problems in the future. I have delt with situations like this in the movie industry and it is better to replace the whole thing. especially Chauvet's..... They are like the ford of fog machines. Le maitre's fog machines are great but they break down and get expensive to fix! Le maitres are mainly used for theater. Except for there lsg or lsx, we use those alot in the movie industry along with the High End f-100. You should thing about buying a High End Systems F-100, they are the way to go. They last many many years, even if they are used every day.

Hope this helps,

Frank Balzer
    FrankWillisBalzer@yahoo.com
    Frank W. Balzer
    FrankWillisBalzer@yahoo.com
    http://frankwillisbalzer.viewbook.com/
    --------------------------------------------------
    www.RotHauntedHouse.com
    www.R-Fx.com

sigpic

Comment

The Chauvet 1250 heater cores are actually rebuildable! Take all the wiring and remove the piping fom the heater core, and then remove the nozzle on the front of the core and the connector on the back of the core with a wrench. basically what you have at this point is a rod with a spiral cut on it lodged in a hole. Get a wooden dowel and knock out the the rod right through the other side of the heater core. Use a wire pipe brush to clean out the inside bore of the heater core and a metal brush to clean out the grooves on the rod. Also make sure to clean around the threads and connectors to the nozzle and input pipe. whben everything is clean, put the rod back in the hole and reattach the connectors, using some kind of thread sealant that won't burn under heat. wait for the thread sealant to cure, then put everything back together again and you have a good as new heater core!
      (Oh btw this will definitely void your warrantee if you still have any)
      -Paul

Comment

Also, usually these clog due to dirt in the juice. I always like to filter my juice through a coffee filter before i put it in the tank of my machines. Also, you could try putting a fuel filter inline in the machine from the tank to prevent this from happening again.

Comment

Working...
        X