Halloween 2 ( Review )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween 2 ( Review )

Bad news for Halloween fans. It seems that Rob Zombies Halloween 2 misses the mark.

Haddonfield the in the remake seemed like a middle class white neighborhood, this time it looks like a backwoods village that hasn't had running water in a month.

I don't know why, but all the characters are greasy, dirty, unattractive, and look as if they just came off a 3 day binge with Heroin.....

Laurie this time around looks like shit run over twice throughout the film, (understandable considering) But I was waiting to see her shoot up it just seemed like Heroin would fit the scenes....( LMFAO )

The FX sounds were a bit overdone.... seemed like I was reading it out of a comic book.... ( Slaaaashhh.....GRRRRRROOOWWWL..... UUUUURRRRRGHHHH.....CHOOOMMMMP.... RIIIIIIP ! ) The only thing missing was the text baloons abouve the characters for ( EXTRA SOUND FX )

Good Luck In ALL You Do Rob.... Better Luck Next Time !

3 SKULLS OUT OF 10
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
    www.maliciousstudios.com
    "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
    http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Not surprised.

I feel sorry for anyone who actually thought this movie had any chance of being good, didn't they see the first one?

Zombie, go back to making music leave the movies to those with talent and concepts, not the same ol same ol.

Darkangel

Comment

Ya I kinda figured this too...

Comment

After seeing the first, I thought the 2nd would have had to have been better.
        Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it… Autograph your work with excellence!

Comment

I personally liked the first one being a re take on how micheal began and how creepy he was. Everything was dirty and dingy about him and the people he killed were clean. I hope that this is just a matter of opinion on your review because I always enjoy movies I love em. Maybe I'll like it maybe I won't. Good review though!
          Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

But

But I DID like the first Hallow-Zombie.... it just came across ALLOT BETTER.... it seems he or someone was concentrating TO MUCH on the dirty-ness of the movie allot of people raved about.

The brutal violence we have all come to love is there... the story is Halloween basics but the delivery killed it.... I ( WAS ) tired we went at 12:00 am and I just finished working on orders ( 13 1/2 hours straight )

BUT

I dont think it was big screen worthy.... ( Maybe I should have waited for the DVD )
            OR
            maybe I should have gotten some sleep instead.... 8:00 am back working on orders.....lmfao
            "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
            www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

I'll still go see it.

Anything Michael Myers, I like. By the way, did anybody see "THE COLLECTOR"?
              It looked interesting, but I think it was in the theatres for 2 weeks.(LATE JULY 2009). Pretty brutal torture scenes I was told. Please post any comments. Thankx!

Comment

Well no surprise is right about the latest Rob Zombie Halloween. Its just plain stupid! Very dissappointing but then I wasnt expecting much. Thank god this is his last one. At least thats what he says.
                Damon
                Damon Carson

Comment

That review missed the mark.
                  Rob was given total creative control this time around. It's Rob's film and not intended to be a remake. How many more times did he have to say it?
                  It was a typical Rob movie. I'm a fan of his work so I for one dug it. The added effects, seeing it through MM's eves and a much more agressive Myers.
                  Rob finished him off in the end and claims that there will never be a 3rd from him.
                  I thought it was great to show the charachters in real worl situations and not return to cutesy little lives in the subs. Wouldn't happen. Good for him to break that crappy horry movie mold.

Better luck next time.
                  StackerSteve
                  LoT 27
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lot-27...060788?ref=sgm

Comment

you all must have big balls

i would like anyone of you do better, taking an old story and trying to do something with it ? thats why you haters dont do movies ! lets face it the good old days of horror are gone . stop puttin people down . i liked the movie , i like all of robs movies and waynes work . what did you people expect ? mike to turn into an alien or something . bill compton this time .... f shane

Comment

They are stuck in 1978. All these so called "Halloween fans" worked so hard to hurt their own franchise. Great job.
                      Last edited by StackerSteve; 08-29-2009, 05:20 PM.
                      StackerSteve
                      LoT 27
                      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lot-27...060788?ref=sgm

Comment

Long Time Fan Of Mr. Cummings

Please dont take me the wrong way.... ( Like I said ) I for one am a LONG TIME FAN of Robs work.... Hell I was a fan of Mr. Cummings work since before he was famous !

Rob Cummings was his real name previous to becomming famous

I was a fan of his artwork first of all which had always been old school Rat Fink style.... A fan of his lyrics, his insight into the "Classic Horror" you so rudely speak of.

( If you know Rob well.... you would know that the Classic Movies are a STAPLE in Mr. Cummings / Zombies life )

( Dont Believe Me ?? ---> He named his first band White Zombie after a 1932 horror film called White Zombie

I for one LOVE the brutal scenes ( As I Stated ) I love allot of things but compared to his previous movies it simply fell short. ( In My Opinion ) Short of the average standard... I really dont think he will be happy with it in the end.

Overall.... I think I would LOVE to see Rob create something from scratch.... I think THATS when you will see his brilliant style surface ! Its hard to make a remake BUT even harder to create something from scratch.... i.e. "Superbeasto"

( When your making a remake your already half way - the customer is already half sold on the idea )

When you make a original ( You Have To Convince The Customer To Watch It )

just my .02 ---> ( No Offense )
                        Last edited by maliciousstudios; 08-29-2009, 07:07 PM.

Malicious Studios
                        www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

I saw it today and liked it.
                          I heard from a friend going in that it was 'different' and not typical Halloween movie.
                          I like that Rob made it his own...
                          Did it have plotholes/issues...sure.
                          Was it brutal...yep.
                          The difference was nice in my opinion. The end was predictable and I saw it coming but very few movies catch me off guard.
                          It was cool to see the Ex Mortis Stalkaround and the Scarefactory Pumpkin King at the rave/party. Weird Al was a nice cameo too!

My two cents.
                          Kirk
                          Kirk Boemmel
                          Dark Ghost Manor
                          www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

A few other fun things to look for...

If you look really carefully in the Uncle Meats Java Hole you can see a NETHERWORLD Bumper sticker on the register, I also saw one in the girls room I think. At the Rave, when Michael "grabs" her that is our custom Giant Werewolf puppet. In one of the rave background shots is this huge toothy monster that is one of our props. That was also our Pumpkin King, Wayne Toth brought his own stalkaround, but our actor Mike Kasiske was wearing it. That is also our MYERS tombstone in the scene where they have Laurie in the glass coffin.

We got that giant Pumpkin from them that was in the square, and of all things that metal screen door on the security shack that he axes the guard against. We could have taken that entire security shack but it was SUPER heavy and pre scored to bust apart.

We rented a ton of props to them for that Phantom Jam and there were lots of our folks there, but those were the items I saw on the first go around.

See if you can spot em!

Thanks!
                            Ben Armstrong
                            NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                            www.Fearworld.com
                            www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Hell yeah

Ben Thats F*CKIN AWESOME !! I seen the stalk around and a few other props here and there ( I missed the bumper sticker ) But wow... that is cool.

All in all the movie wasnt bad.... rarely do I give a movie really high marks... 8 out of 10 is usually the highest.. ( Maybe movies dont scare me as they did in my childhood )

Even though there have been a few.... I was really rating it against Robs previous work.

I wish I could have been there ( Do you know if Toby Sells did any work for them "Since hes in the Atlanta area ?" )

Malicious Studios
                              www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

Working...
                              X