Ground fog machines or fog chillers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground fog machines or fog chillers

Opinion? OK, I need help in determining who has the best ground fog machine or fog chiller? Not too worried about price. I want something that will produce low lying fog without to much trouble. Thanks ahead of time for any information.
    http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

6 years ago I worked at this one haunt in Michigan and they had (I believe) a Chauvet fog chiller. It worked great for the first 45 minutes or so but I'm not sure if the model they had did this or if the particular machine was broke, but it would EAT through ice in no time! Like I said, it worked for about 45 minutes and then once it melted the ice (yes, it even melted dry ice in under an hour!) it would fog up the ENTIRE haunt to where you couldn't see 3 inches in front of your face.

Not sure if we had a faulty model or if all of them by this company do it but I'm pretty sure it was made by Chauvet. More of a head's up than a recommendation.

Anybody else have experience with this brand?

Comment

Froggy Fog's chiller system is pretty nice.

"Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

Comment

Mister Kool

We carry the American DJ Mister Kool. You can check it out here.http://www.hauntedfog.com/Pop%20Ups/...misterkool.htm
        If you need a bigger unit Antari makes the Ice Machine.

Rick
        Haunted Fog

Comment

i have a huge fog machine i made a chiller and used hot ice.only prob i had was i needed to hook a boobox to it to make it do short bursts.the short bursts kept the fog controled on the ground.then i tried a cheap ground fogger from party city and found out it blew my expensive fogger away.now my graveyard has 3 cheap ground foggers in it and with a lil hot ice the fog hugs the ground and bellows around your feet when you walk

Comment

This year I'm trying this guys system. I've made it already and tested it and it seems to be working pretty well. A little more involved than just throwing ice in a cooler, but so far, it seems to be doing a great job...

www.kickthefog.com

-=coasterbp

Comment

While we are on the topic of Ground Foggers. This seems like an odd question but will they set off the smoke alarms? Like in malls and whatnot
              Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

yeah taterlater,they set off smoke alarms,i use mine outdoors in my cemetery

Comment

Will all types of fog set off fire alarms? What do you guys use who operate indoors then?

Thanks,
                  Darkangel

Comment

That mostly depends on what type of smoke detectors you have more than what type of fog you are using. If you are using standard "smoke detecters", then yes, any type of fog that gets up into your smoke detectors will set them off.

That's why I think a lot of people are trying to use heat detectors, that way smoke won't set them off.

-=coasterbp

Comment

Relating to alarms and fog indoors. If you want to use fog indoors and you have an alarm to worry about the "SMOKE" detectors need to be replaced with "HEAT RISERS" heat risers detect excess heat and trigger the alarm at a pre-set temp. Ours I believe are pre-set for 130 Degree's.
                      Ken
                      www.boocrewproduction.com

Comment

In Salem MA, we have some pretty tough inspectors, and we had to get the most sensative detectors that are available, they detect heat and smoke, and when I say smoke, I mean any amount of smoke. We can't use incense, we cant even use spray paint or spray glue indoors. It is pretty annoying. The only smoke that we can use is from pond foggers since it is not actual smoke, it is just a water mist. Now pond foggers work great if you have a fountain, or an industrial barrel or a cauldren or something, but they do not fill up a room by any means. Also keep in mind that they are water, so if they are used constantly, they will leave some condensation on whatever the fog hits, so be careful if you are using on a hard floor surface, it could get slippery. All of our floors are rugs, so it isnt really a problem. I use a 6 head pond fogger (about $75) in a 55 gallon drum that has a pop up inside it, and it works fine for that. It would be nice to be able to fog up an entire scene, but what the inspector says goes! If we argue, or try to get him to change his mind, he will close us down in a heartbeat. Welcome to the witch city!

Justin
                        The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived.

Comment

We have used many types of fog chillers over the years. The best one yet is a 55 gallon drum with a expanded metal welded 12" from the top and packed full of ice.
                          The most important thing that I have learned about chilling fog is your ambient room temperature. Most fog chillers do a pretty good job of chilling the fog, unless they just suck, The problem is if the room temperature is not considerably warmer than the fog it will not stay low. Early in the season my fog is spectacular, late in the season it's ok. As soon as someone walks through it, up it goes.

The reason that I say the 55 gallon drum works best is not because it does a better job of chilling, but that it chills longer. without having to refill or drain.
                          www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

Working...
                          X