Posting Warnings & Disclaimers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a "head honcho"?

Can't you just ask the question with out stroking someones ego? There are plenty of big haunters out there that don't need to pay homage to the "honchos". Have some self respect please. Thank you.

Comment

Re: What is a "head honcho"?

Originally posted by GhoulKraft
      Can't you just ask the question with out stroking someones ego? There are plenty of big haunters out there that don't need to pay homage to the "honchos". Have some self respect please. Thank you.
      Awwwwwww.....
      Didn't mean to hurt your itty - bitty feelings. :roll: GROW UP!
      The reason I wrote "Head Honchos" is because they have the experience and the knowledge. If you have something constructive to say on the subject, by all means jump in there and do so. Otherwise, take your sensitive a$$ somewhere else!!!

Comment

Wow, nice way to introduce yourself to the group! :roll:

Gwen is by far one of the nicest people in this industry, a lot of people will rally behind her..and I'm guessing not so much you.

Why don't you try that again...
        Heartstoppers
        Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
        www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

WOW

Your right.....many of the people that are put on pedastals in this industry.....should not be, BUT it isn't for you to decide.

If Emp wants to think of the people mentioned as honchos....she can.
          Doesn't matter what you or anyone else can say.
          Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Statues are placed upon pedestals so people can admire them better, but so can the pigeons!
            I think that as varied as this haunted field is, that nobody can possibly know it all or be right about everything they think they know, but I also think that 99% of the people doing this are really trying and doing the best that they can 99% of the time. (Why wouldn't we?)
            I know that I sure don't know everything and I'm not right all the time about anything, but I hope most think that I am trying to inform or help or even entertain people who have questions or problems .
            I'm not sure that "Mom always liked me best", but we should all still be trying to deserve being highly reguarded for ourselves and our talents, knowledge.......... shortcomings overlooked, mostly.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

In keeping with the thread and the reason that I began it, I took some of the advice given here and went to a site where you can custom make your own signs.

I liked how they turned out and plan on ordering several to be posted on the haunt premises.

On average, how many total do you have posted?

Comment

hmm

I think we have about 10 sets....3 by the front door....4 by the ticket booth....3 by the entrance....then the video

It works for us
                Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Can't wait to see them in person, Ken!

Comment

^ Me either... LOL! Actually, I can't wait to see the whole haunt, it'll be my first time! -Tyler
                    Chris Riehl
                    Sales@spookyfinder.com
                    (586)209-6935
                    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by Empressnightshade
                      Awwwwwww.....
                      Didn't mean to hurt your itty - bitty feelings. :roll: GROW UP!
                      The reason I wrote "Head Honchos" is because they have the experience and the knowledge. If you have something constructive to say on the subject, by all means jump in there and do so. Otherwise, take your sensitive a$$ somewhere else!!!
                      My feelings are fine but, anyway, your question could be answered by anyone from a decent yard haunt to an amusement park. Its as simple as that. The "honchos" have no more or better info than you or I. Everyone here has different demographics to deal with. Just for curiousity, why did you feel the need to open with that disclaimer anyway? Is there some sort of royalty running the haunt industry I am not aware of? I am tempted to tell you to grow up. Thank you!

Comment

GhoulKraft, I believe you are missing the point, to ask for the big names in the industry about their disclaimer policy is to get just that, large traffic attractions, not yard haunts, not home haunts. Look at some of the people who have posted, some people who I would consider big names denied claiming the "honcho" title, it's all a matter of opinion. Empress was simply being respectful and also taking the term "honcho" lightly. It wasn't to insult anyone like me or you, and it wasn't to boost anyones ego, it was simply to address those with much larger scale haunted attractions in a more friendly way.

Odviously you took some offense to a word like "honcho", and this is a professional enviornment here, so public assaulting you should keep to yourself. As Empress said, if you have anything constructive to say, say it towards the topic. If not, don't post.

Side note: A haunt I worked at, the owner knew a guy who did voiceovers for ESPN, some of the major commercials, he did a sound track around 10 minutes long that contained stories and rules that looped again and again.... on top of that we gave the briefing before each group entered, since no one really listened to the recording closely anyway.
                        - - Luke - -

Comment

Just for curiousity, why did you feel the need to open with that disclaimer anyway?
                          Why do you feel the need to keep harping on something this is already dead?? Why do you care? You obviously do since you chose your first post after being a member here since November 2006 to criticize someone you don't even know. Again, grow up!

I started the thread, you didn't. As I had mentioned before, I wrote "Head honchos" because they are the ones with years and years of experience. I don't know about you, but I would rather someone with that kind of experience be my mentor than someone just starting in the biz. Don't tell me who I can get the information from. You're not me. You don't know what I need and you sure don't know what I desire!

SO, with that said, you get your information from whom you like and I will get it from whomever the heck I desire.

Thank YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Empressnightshade
                            Just for curiousity, why did you feel the need to open with that disclaimer anyway?
                            Why do you feel the need to keep harping on something this is already dead?? Why do you care? You obviously do since you chose your first post after being a member here since November 2006 to criticize someone you don't even know. Again, grow up!

I started the thread, you didn't. As I had mentioned before, I wrote "Head honchos" because they are the ones with years and years of experience. I don't know about you, but I would rather someone with that kind of experience be my mentor than someone just starting in the biz. Don't tell me who I can get the information from. You're not me. You don't know what I need and you sure don't know what I desire!

SO, with that said, you get your information from whom you like and I will get it from whomever the heck I desire.

Thank YOU!
                            I Just think you could be yourself and not worry about titles and who gets their props. Relax.

Comment

Originally posted by SSP
                              Side note: A haunt I worked at, the owner knew a guy who did voiceovers for ESPN, some of the major commercials, he did a sound track around 10 minutes long that contained stories and rules that looped again and again.... on top of that we gave the briefing before each group entered, since no one really listened to the recording closely anyway.
                              Okay, so it's looking to me more and more like we should definitely incorporate the Music/Rules we used in 2005 for our 2007 haunt and beyond.
                              Cool! I'm gonna see if I can download the rules and put a link up.

Comment

I Just think you could be yourself and not worry about titles and who gets their props. Relax.
                                See that's the thing.....This IS me. Hang around long enough. You'll find that out. I think you've gotten the wrong impression of me totally. I'm the Founder/Executive Director of a nonprofit for kids with Autism. My haunt, The Scream Extreme, is our fundraising event that supports our field trip program for the kids. I've been haunting for over 30yrs. But, it's mostly been home haunting. Going pro in 2005 was a HUGE jump for me and I still have a LOT to learn. BUT...from the Pros. I have a home haunter's mentality - I already know what they think and do. However, if The Scream Extreme is going to make it, I've got to get my info from the Pros to bring my level of thinking and standards up to their level. I'm not ashamed of that. That's why I am here.

Comment

Working...
                                X