No attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No attendance

My biggest fear is putting all my flyers around my town and no one showing up, We are forced to have our garage haunt on sunday nights from 5pm to 9pm. If I get the flyers out will that ensure attendance?
    Matthew Colton
    Frightworld America's Screampark
    http://www.frightworld.com/

it will definitely help your chances.
    Travis Magee
    Brutal Industries LLC
    www.brutalindustries.com
    www.facebook.com/brutalindustries13

Comment

Sad to say there is no gurantee that any will ever show. I sit there bitting my knuckles every yr till the first car shows. Its a trickle effect once one car shows the flood gates open
      I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

Ya, I had this same fear last Halloween when we had our home haunt. We just had a big sign at the front of our neighborhood and posters at different stores, but we ended up getting about 180 people. So, ya, it isn't guaranteed, but like Brutal said, it will definitely help your chances. I guess one problem too is that since you are doing it on a Sunday the next day is a school day... How many people did you get last year?

Comment

Improving Your Chance

Although there is no guarantee with any marketing venture you can improve your potential results by tweaking your handbill. Here are a few suggestions:

- Assure that the flyer has an eye catching design the expresses that you are a haunted house. I have seen 1,000 haunted house flyers that could have just as easily been a horror movie poster or a Halloween store ad.

- Put a coupon or some value on the flyer so people are more apt to take it, retain it, and go to your event because they are "getting a deal". Even if you don't charge admission, maybe it is a free can of soda? A chance to win a Halloween gift basket? Etc. Best results are achieve from my experience with discount offerings. Put this on the front of your flyer in BIG and BOLD lettering!

- Save the times and the dates for the back. Get the flyer in their hand, they let them look for additional information.

- Include your web URL (even if it is a myspace) on your flyer.

- Don't clutter your flyer with TOO much information that it becomes a book (like this reply lol). Give them a teaser then let them come to you.

Just a few thoughts. I hope this helps you out a bit. Best wishes for your 2009 season!

Happy Haunting,

Ethan

www.HundredAcresManor.com
          www.CostumeFind.com
          www.HundredAcresManor.com

Comment

I mean your all right, Im just so worried, The front yard is going to be eye catching and cars drive up and down my street 24/7, I live on a very busy street, Does that increase my chances alot? Oh and this is my beta version of the flyer, ANy suggestions? Comments? I also have a local band playing on one of the nights, will that help also?And we arent JUST open sundays we are open 2 fridays and 1 saturday
            Last edited by The Forsaken Crypt; 08-31-2009, 12:22 PM.
            Matthew Colton

Comment

Nice flier. I guess your haunt is completely indoors becuase it would seem like at 5pm that it would still be light out. How many people came to your haunt last year becuase you might have built up a reputation?

Comment

Well we were only open on Halloween last year and Im not to sure, We got bout 30-50 WITHOUT advertising so I am thinking people know now. The main haunt is in the garage and we have a cemetery on the front lawn, I like to open at 5 when its dusk. We are going to have a HUGE advertising campaigh I mean every store in our town that allows it will have our posters on the windows and every corner will also. I think this might work well
                Matthew Colton

Comment

You will get people and it's free so kids will want to do something for Halloween and moms and dads will see that they will not have to spend any money. You should put out a donation jar so those that want to throw you a few bucks for your hard work can, I did that for four years and it helped pay for some of the stuff we bought.
                  Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Yeah that brings me to the next thing, we are taking charity donations for Childrens Hospital of Buffalo so that helps to
                    Matthew Colton

Comment

Matt...............

Put your ads out, get the word out! Build it and they will come! Don't loose focus or worry about who will and who want come! Your going to be fine! Stay focused and do what you need to do the rest will fall into place. Shane and its good luck your gonna be fine! Shane this time.
                      sigpic

Comment

Maybe I am just worrying, Just the biggest fear is that sundays will attract much less people. Its gonna be to good to miss
                        Matthew Colton

Comment

Working...
                        X