• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Very Educational Video

Very short, big lesson.

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q...s-Reflejos.flv
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Very amusing video.

I am pretty sure that guy is a customer of ours about 20 times each year! My poor actors get abused almost every night. It goes along with the territory when you scare the poop out of people.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
    Deadly Intentions Haunted House
    www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I would say that the reason for a reaction like that is because it took place in a setting where such a thing is completely unexpected, but I've found myself on the recieving end of a couple blows in a haunt enviornment, so my theory is busted.

That was amazing though lol
      - - Luke - -

Comment

Um, ouch. Regardless of following the age old rule of staying an arm's length away, I've been clocked a few times in my many years of haunting. (Maybe their arms were longer than mine?) That just brought it all back. :shock: <---what the guys face looked like behind the mask
        www.mindseizure.com
        www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Ouch is right!

And did you see the way he hit him? The guy moved and swung like a boxer.

Comment

WHAT!!! That's insane. I would have jumped out that trash can and knocked that guy out!!!

Maybe is was staged?

Allan

Comment

If it was staged the stunt man didn't get paid enough.
              The first time I saw it I thought the punch looked very pre-meditated, the second time I saw it , watching the puncher's face more closely, I don't think so, he looked kind of ashamed or sheepish, I thought.
              Most simply reactive puchers don't usually seem to get their swing too smooth or the steps right to create a real boxer-type punch.
              Arms usually just come more up and out slightly, not a full extension making hard contact.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

To me it didn't look staged. It looked like a genuine reaction, and one that I have seen many times. Yes, it was an extreme version in that he landed a much better punch than most would if startled. As Jim said, take it as a lesson. This can happen any time you scare someone.

I can deal with startle punchers. It is those who think it is fun to assault the actors that get my goat. Interestingly, it seems to be women almost as often a men who act this way. Pathetic.

Dave
                Lords of Chaos, LLC
                House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

dont let that guy fool you.he saw that guy scaring people and decided to be a show off.if you watch it again you can see he planed every sec of that.

Comment

My imagination informed me that freelance scaring can lead to big problems and I refused offers of money to do such things to people I didn't know in places that I don't own.
                    "How much to wear that one hideous costume of yours, hide in the attic of a rental cabin, and scare the crap out my friend who will be spending the night there?"
                    What if this "friend" has a heart condition? What if this "friend" carrys a loaded gun?
                    "BOO!" = "Bang!"
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

It's definitely a good lesson. But this wasn't a haunter, or professional business it looked like some college dudes having fun. It seems to me he knew, and I hope the guy who got punched retaliated.

Allan

Comment

yeah you can hear his friends in the background laughing.he planed on hitting that guy before he walked up.just a way to ruin the fun and make him feel big

Comment

When I was a kid there were several popular TV shows on each week having the hero getting knocked out by the bad guys, coming to, and eventually saving the day. (Every week!)
                          I always wondered if anybody's head-skull-brain could handle this much abuse so well? Just keep shrugging it off, no consequences.
                          No, life really is not that kind to us. Injurys and their effects can hang on many years and even turn much more serious for us as brain tumors, epillepsy, the list goes on and on.......
                          A classmate of my Dad served in world War Two, got a small piece of schrapnel in his eye, 40 years later he happened to have a fatal dose of cancer in that same eye...the body never forgets.
                          When my body is weakened by the flu, every previous injury that I have ever known returns to say, "Hi!"
                          Maybe we finally just cash in our chips to make the body "Shut Up!" ?
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Depending on where they live, and who they interact with, someones reaction to a person lunging unexpectedly at them might be self defense such as that. I trained karate for 10 years, and though I would not strike as part of defense, someone literally surprising me gets me to put up some sort of defensive guard.

A few years ago working in a haunt, a special education group was being led through, and appearently one of the people helping them through was trained in some form of martial arts and very jumpy. I lunged out (no one gave me the warning that this was a special ed group, but no harm done luckily), everyone jumped back except the man with the martial arts background, lunging quickly at me. Thank goodness he had some self control, because right before I recieved a judo-chop to the throat he cought himself, began to laugh and apologized. When you train for that long it's a natural reaction.

Not saying that this kid in the video is Bruce Lee, but if this is a rough neighborhood or he has been on the recieving end of some bad encounters, I'm sure some sort of defensive manouver would be shown. Besides, it's in a school, middle of the day, he's focused on the camera in front of him, someone coming out of a trash can screaming is not really anywhere near his train of thought and completely un-expected, and as this video shows, dangerous.

If you saw someone holding a hot cup of coffee in the consession area of your haunt, would you jump at them to scare? If someone is in the bathroom takin' care of business, would you jump over the stall and scream? There's a right and wrong place for these things, the goal of scaring, at least on this forum and for our purposes of business, is something that is invited by the consumer and done at an intense but enjoyable level. Anything else can be cruel or turn negative quickly.
                            - - Luke - -

Comment

Lets just hope that people seeing this video and other videos like it don't think its okay to hit scareactors. In a school or at the mall, park ect. I could see someone taking a swing because they are not thinking okay someone is going to jump out and scare me but alot of times people will claim the same thing even though they paid to go into a haunted house.
                              Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Working...
                              X