Bumming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumming?

Anyone else have their haunts close? I am "haunt"less this year and am jonesing BAD!
    I miss the spray paint and plywood, the chaos, the blood, even the shining teenagers...
    Want to start a support group? LOL
    Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

i'm open every night and beginning a tour right now..really, sorry for you though, says the fullfulled aDDICT!
    REALLY. JIM W.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Were going on our third year, no location, not enough time can be taken off work. I miss it, but try to get to other haunts to re-kindle the fire.
      Hauntus Emeritus
      Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
      Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

My Tour Tonight--different!

Two people, a guy and girl, he's Japanese, she's American from Ill. they both speak both languages, she had to fill him in sometimes as I talked slowly, sort of waiting to see if she needed to translate to him..this took awhile......
        They both had much fun here too.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

How come you closed down?
          The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived.

Comment

Yeah I know your feeling for sure granted last year the haunt I worked for didn't shut down but due to conflicts with the owner and how it was run I decided to not help out. It is a tough thing to do from pretty much having the haunted house as your life to the next minute not having a haunt to go to. Thankfully this year the same building is under new ownership and I am back! Good Luck to you in finding something....if not I am sure I will see you around at conventions
            David "Pug" DeChamps
            Owner of Unlucky 13 Haunted Design

Comment

I know how you feel, not opening this year and I don't think I will do a trail again. I need to get indoors and that may take a few years. I will be going to a lot of haunts this year so it's not all bad. Taking Abby, my hearse on a road trip and going to go to a lot of haunts starting with Halloween Horror Nights.
              Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

My original haunt closed due to economic issues... um... no money LOL
                The last house I worked at, was...well....strange and apparently was a one time deal, much to alot of people's dismay.
                I'm planning on acting at haunted hydro Bloodview - which will be nice to not have "responsibilities" but it's not the same... my ego (being worshipped nightly for years has built a pretty big one...LOL) is hurting this year.
                I guess I'll have to make my house the talk of the block to compensate

I will for sure see people on the circuits - hopefully helping at the Darkness in Transworld, and of course MHC.

Comment

Ego adjustment

Can actually be a healthy thing.
                  Come back down to be with those little people might find some new , real friends, if you need that?
                  My own Sony night-vision camera adjusted my ego many years ago the morning after.
                  My only excuse I would like to have to use is, "the room was dark".
                  Since I could really only see a few people of the dozen in the room I assumed that all of them were rolling on the floor helplessly in the grip of my original one-liners.
                  No they weren't.
                  Maybe three people?
                  Not twelve.
                  That's what I get for bragging to my now ex-wife before I watched the tape.
                  This is the same reason to never tape things in a bedroom.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Katie,
                    I highly recommend working as many haunts as possible. learn from each one. This is a golden opportunity for you. When someone works one haunt to long they become a big fish in a small pond. The mentality sets in that "this is how I have always done it" and they get stale. If you act at enough shows then you will be a big fish anywhere you go because of the experience you bring with you.
                    Work the other shows, if you are good they too will come to rely on you. Bring your make up, costume, get er done attitude, and leave your ego home. It will take a few weeks to fit in perhaps and learn their ways but it is fulfilling to help create someone else's dream.
                    Allen H
                    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Katie, I can't wait to get to play with you again this year! It does stink to suddenly not be running production (trust me, I miss it all the time), but it is fun to just cut loose and act.
                      Katie Lane
                      Partner/VP
                      Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                      sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

If you still need to be worshiped as the Ruller and Goddess of make up and acting, I always do! It does suck that our haunt shut down, and trust me, even with getting married this october, I am still having withdrawls. We need a haunt! I think I will carry around my screw gun on weekends in october just to feel normal.
                        Brian Warner
                        Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                        Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                        Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

So...

Allen - I plan on hitting as many as babysitters and travel allow!!
                          Katie - I know, it's gonna be a blast! I'll have to bust the rust off my acting.. LOL
                          Gadget, you may bow to me anytime! LMAO! I think the drill idea is the best!

Comment

Working...
                          X