Haunter's build-off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunter's build-off?

I was sitting at home last night with my wife and son watching a really cool cake-building competition on the Food Network where they were building these 4-6' tall cakes for a competition. They had 8 hours to complete the thing... they could pre-make 1/2 of the decorations, the other 1/2 they had to make on-site. I was pretty amazed at what these people made with cake...

Two years ago I went to HauntCon in Houston where the Bad Boys Scenic Design held an all-day seminar building a highly detailed set w/ 6 panels, an autopsy table, and packed in a ton of detail...

Put the two together, do you get a haunters build-off in St. Louis? Do something like 8 hours, $1000 budget, and you can pre-purchase certain decorations. Or, are these conventions already packed so tight that there isn't any room. I know our crew would do this in a heartbeat.

Just a thought...
    Patrick Barberry
    www.legendsofthefog.com
    sigpic

That idea has been discussed around these boards for a couple years now. Its a great idea but doubt it will ever happen. Too many distractions at the show as it is.

Darkangel

Comment

Great idea, I know for a fact I could find a team....Who says it has to be at one of the haunt conventions? Maybe you could convince a tv station that it is also a good idea and they would cover it.
      David "Pug" DeChamps
      Owner of Unlucky 13 Haunted Design

Comment

My plan was to do a haunted house version of "Trading spaces" where two local haunts each left a room for the other haunt to decorate. It would be a good way for two local haunts to get some fun press. You just need a channel (or newspaper) to air it as a mini feature.
        Allen H
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

We have already been challenged many times... LOL! I've been invited to Columbus a few different times now for a build off, blah, blah. I think it would be fun for sure, but when you are working on so many different projects around the World its hard to break away take some of your crew when you have customers demanding their attractions get installed pronto!

Now as far as it being in St. Louis that would make it easier for us but still you'd get very sidetracked doing it. Would just depend on what else was going on around that same time.

I know one thing if we got in something like that we'd take NO PRISONERS! LOL

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
          X