Another amazing idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another amazing idea?

We just got a gas fire place installed and they took an old part of the chimney out. I was thinking of placeing this against a refrigerator box in the garage and painting the box black. Then visitors sort of poke their head in and an actor pops his head out and scares them when they get close. Its kind of supposed to be like a bloody corpse container or i dont know use your imagination. Its not done and I am certainly not done painting but I wanted to hear some suggestions, comments, tips the likes. these are some pics of the front.
    Matthew Colton
    Frightworld America's Screampark
    http://www.frightworld.com/

Seems a little dangerous to have someone stick their head in there, the thin edge could cut someone. I would not use this for that reason, to risky, especially when it is dark!
    The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived.

Comment

yeah..I wouldn't have people stick their head in there, for safety and just because most people wouldn't do it just for the fact they'll probably figure something is going to pop out. How about making it into a nasty sewer drain type thing..it looks perfect for that. Weather and distress it and have a green ooze coming out...use great stuff or just use watered down paint. Mount it to a wall and maybe stick a corpse or skeleton inside....just some ideas
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

If you managed to make it more safe, possibly by putting a foam padding around the sides and inside, it can probably be used with less risk. I would still not recommend letting people stick their heads inside. If you have a very interactive house, where people will be able to stop and observe, without clogging up the flow/line, you could cover the hole in some sort of push through plastic (similar to what they use on doorways that you need to push your way through simply made out of torn up vinyl or plastic). Then on the inside of the tube, create some sort of wet/mushy environment. When people reach in, they will feel it, and be grossed out. Make sure it's safe, sanitary, and not easily pulled off/stolen, and doesn't stain.

Comment

You Would say...

"Look through this or stick your head in it."
          And they would crawl through it or try to. It's too big to automatically limit it to just the head.
          It takes alot of work and effort to make sheet metal anything like "safe", especially for the doofuss general public with the Devil-may-care October attitude.
          I'm a third generation sheet metal worker, for 15 of my adult years.(I don't count grade school & High School, or reform school.)
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Sorry about my wording, I didnt mean like completely stick their head in, I meant just "peer" in but yeah I was going to make the edges less sharp some how, I do like the idea with the mushy material and the drain pipe though. Its a proto-type but in the long run it will turn out good, I want to hear more alternatives from others. I like all these ideas
            Matthew Colton
            Frightworld America's Screampark
            http://www.frightworld.com/

Comment

To make it less sharp and more safe, wrapt the edge with a few layers or gaff or duct tape, then go around the edge with some great stuff foam, making sure you cover the entire edge. Let some get onto the inside and the outside of the tube for texture. I would completley get rid of the whole look inside idea, your just asking for trouble. You can use some more great stuff and rub it all over the piece to add texture. Once it dries, paint the whole thing a base color. Go over the great stuff with a different color, then add some drips and streaks. Then I would add some kind of ripped and tattered cloth hanging from the inside of the tube, and back light it, maybe even add a fan to blow the coth around. Just an idea, whatever you do though, you really dont want people getting their heads near it. I like to always remeber Murphy's law, "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong!"
              The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived.

Comment

Working...
              X