Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Haunters- Insurance

Hey all,

I am just wondering if some of you Canadians would mind discussing Insurance underwriters that will cover our events here in the Great White North.
    I currently have a Westland Rep who brokers my coverage, and she has a bit of an issue finding options for me. I have used PAL canada, but they have some very tight regs that did not work for my event. (They are very nervous about any Mechanical Devices ) and have used Sports Can for the last couple years.
    Does anyone have an underwriter that they are really pleased with?
    Aaron
    Braineater Productions
    Braineater Haunted House, Sidney B.C.

Not that this will help you any, but I have used PAL for the last three years with no problems....but I don't use animatronics.
    Last edited by Dark Mind; 09-01-2009, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Do they not want to insure expensive animatronics that might break; or are they concerned about the patrons getting hurt by them?

If it's the former, just don't include that as part of your policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Accipiter View Post
        Do they not want to insure expensive animatronics that might break; or are they concerned about the patrons getting hurt by them? If it's the former, just don't include that as part of your policy.
        They are concerned (as I understand it) about the "Mechanical Devices" causing injury to the customers. I was told that they MAY accept these devices if there is a suitable barrier between them and the customer, but even then it is not certain. With my last try with them, they actually simply Declined to quote on my event...
        Aaron
        Braineater Productions

Comment

were in Sudbury Ont. and I have only been in biz 2 seasons and operate out of our local downtown Mall. I use both the Malls liability insurance and local event insurance from a local company. I am sure my broker goes threw someone else but I haven't had a issue, and we even build 60% of our own equip. and sets... Originally I went to my local Camber of commerce and they directed me in the right directions. I now use a basic Midway style insurance for my events.

Comment

Originally posted by nOrTHeRn TouCh View Post
            were in Sudbury Ont. and I have only been in biz 2 seasons and operate out of our local downtown Mall. I use both the Malls liability insurance and local event insurance from a local company. I am sure my broker goes threw someone else but I haven't had a issue,
            That's great... do you know who the under writter is for your policy is by chance? I am basicly happy with the one I am using, but just wanted to look into other options...
            Aaron
            Braineater Productions

Comment

Working...
            X