fake snakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fake snakes

anyone know were i can get some large cheap realistic snakes i need alot of them thank you

I think when most people going through a haunt see a large snake they won't be as scared as they would be if it was a small snake, normal sized, because large screams "phoney" to me.
    (Maybe it's just me?)
    I had a large terrible-looking rubber snake that I screwed a clamp on it's midsection, the clamp held a steel cable, on the other end of the steel cable was a large chunk of wood, maybe a 2 by 12 by 12inches long?
    This clamp and wood took away the fun for the clepto customers who wanted to carry it around inside of my house and then leave it off somewhere else. It didn't do nearly the in-house traveling as it used to do.
    I guess I could have made that terrible looking rubber snake scarier if I had cut off it's stupid looking head, trimmed it's tail so it would be wider and told people it was a massive dumper-turd.
    I cut an access door into a display today and found a camera that has been missing for 15 years. Someone threw it up into this strange, small space rather than have to walk it passed me at the exit, I guess?
    Now if I could find my World War One German gas mask that someone stole from my bathroom all of those years ago...
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

http://www.fakerubbersnakes.com/
      Jim,
      finding a "big" snake Im assuming that you want one 3ft or more for less than $20 will be difficult. Finding them for $20 will be easy. Last year we did a snake pit in our dungeon show we ordered 3 gross of snakes from the above company. I like them because they have real snake size, look, and paint job.
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I don't know why but when I see snakes in a haunted house they usually turn me down. Is there any way to give them a more realistic edge to it? If not I find snakes completely over rated these days
        Matthew Colton
        Frightworld America's Screampark
        http://www.frightworld.com/

Comment

Matt,
          The #1 reason why people use snakes in a haunted house is because 20% of the country has a snake phobia. If you do not have a snake phobia then they will not be scary and the owner hopes a different section of the haunt will get you.
          I have the same issue with Clown haunts, if your afraid of clowns to a phobia level then you are not going in, if you are not afraid of clowns then you wont get scared inside. Its a vicious cycle.
          Snakes are often overdone and to often it "you better watch out, here comes a snake" as opposed to the more effective "SURPRISE!!!SNAKE!". One snake pulled across the hall on a fishing line would get more people then a room full of snakes, unless there is a gag hidden in there also.
          just my thoughts,
          Allen H
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

You are 100% correct, I mean I dont have a phobia of snakes or clowns. I go through a clown haunt at Frightworld and Im not scared like others, Kind of a bummer Amazing haunt though but yeah if I saw a really wiggly snake sliding across the floor in a dark haunt that would absolutly creep me out
            Matthew Colton
            Frightworld America's Screampark
            http://www.frightworld.com/

Comment

Activate That "Snake"!

Take a small bike's inner tube.
              Cut it on either side of the fillvalve a few inches.
              Sew one end shut after folding over the rubber, glue it too with Goop glue.
              Do the same , almost, with the second end but leave a small opening about the size of a pencil lead un-sewn and un-glued.
              Screw on an air hose from an air valve. to the valve stem.
              Bend the inner tube over, tape or otherwise fasten it down to a board.
              Do the same to fastening it to a rubber snake.
              Fasten the midsection of the rubber snake to the same board which will be the floor of your snake's cage.
              Apply compressed air, not only will he "Hiss" but will raise up his head at the same time!
              How neat is that?
              To set the customer up for this I tell them:"The snake is hard to see," (Sort of camoflauged) "He might be dead(Didn't survive the winter?)
              It waits until the audience is right on the other side of the little bars before it raises and hisses.
              "Boy! He's really Hissed-Off!"
              Before any of you respond and say you already did this 40 years ago keep in mind I only posted this for those who didn't already know and there might be a few of those who appreciated it and if someone wants to keep doing it their way just keep in mind that fire crackers and reptiles aren't getting any cheaper.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

looking for snakes like the one in the morris booth at trans world ,they said they are not selling them this year ,thank you

Comment

Working...
                X