No announcement yet.

Its Official: Transworld Halloween and Haunt Show is Moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just checkin in, did I leave my lighter here? Nope, Thanks, see ya.
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

• Okay... back to this topic.

Now that Chicago TW is OVER... how does everyone feel about the show moving next year?

When you stop and think about it, we beat this subject over the head prior to the show. Maybe now we can beat it over the head now that the show is over. Did you feelings change? Are you looking foward to the move?

How do you feel now?

Did the snow storm, ice storm, getting stuck in Chicago or any of that change your mind?

I heard mixed things... lets open up this discussion again.

Let me hear ya!

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• I still liked Chicago better. Granted i never been to Las Vegas and probley would enjoy it just as much, I just like being able to drive rather then have to fly. Partially because im in North East Wisconsin and when I think of haunted houses I think of cold, errieness and I think you would lose that in Vegas. I think its going to be less about haunts and more about partying. Just my opinion but we'll see how 2008 goes.

Sean
        Sean De Wane
        ----------------------------------------------
        The De Wane Asylum
        www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

• We are new to the forums but have to say we look forward to the move to Vegas. We have gone to TW the last three years and the weather has sucked every year. This year cost us an extra $500.00 as most of the flights were canceled on Sunday and some of our people got stuck in the airport an extra 36 hours. There is nothing to do with down time and there is nowhere to go.

Vegas has entertainment waiting downstairs in every hotel on the strip. You can catch one of 100 different shows and not have to pay an arm and a leg for a taxi every time you want to go somewhere. Because we are an online company and place all of our orders at the show we would fly to Hawaii if TW went there. We love our jobs, the show, and the people and would not miss it for the world. Maybe by being closer to the West coast we will get a chance to meet a whole new crowd. And I don't think the attendance will suffer as everyone we spoke to at HW was looking forward to the move. The die hard lovers of Halloween will be there.

Corey
          Lord Grimley's Manor
          Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

• Of course the weather was bad in Feb. in northern Illinois, it almost always is! Duh?
            Today, March 10th, it was 50 degrees and more? sunny, beautiful, but then it was MARCH not FEB.! That is sort of how weather usually works.
            If Transworld was scheduled in April the odds of nice weather gets even higher, that's how it works!
            Was Feb. chosen for this last Transworld because the Feb. rent is cheaper?
            HHMM???
            I doubt very much if I will be in Vegas next year.
            If Vegas wants me they will have to come and git me!
            (but I can also hide real good.)
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

• Well considering how things were this only being able to attend the show for one full day. Mainly due to lack of a babysitter for the weekend. But luckily finding one to get away for that day. I could never drive to Vegas and be back in 24hrs like going to Chicago. I will miss it being in Chicago. After attending many years it sure will be different next year. If I do attend next years show it will be a blast I know. I mean Vegas is cool, my family lives there too. So it will be a nice trip altogether. So Im looking forward to it being in Vegas. But it being in Chicago it will be greatly missed by me and Im sure others! And look how nice the weather was the year before 70 degrees ect. It would probably been that this year to or at least better than it was in February.
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

• Oh man...Can't wait for the show to be in vegas!! Airfare is cheap, food is cheap, and there's tons to do!! And there will be no snow!! I go to vegas a few times a year to visit friends as well as go to trade shows there, and I love it, the best thing is every time I go there's more stuff to do and see-they are constantly building out there.
                Quite a few of my crew are excited to go and tell their girlfriends/wives that they have to go to vegas on "business" haha... seriously though vegas is THE place for tradeshows. Since I go out there alot I'm constantly bombarded by email and regular mail with cheap hotel rates for luxxor, excalibur, mgm grand-way cheaper than the rooms are in chicago. And for the price you pay for drinks at the crowne in chicago you can practically get your own VIP room at pure for the night! add on top allthe good shows and clubs to go to and it's sure to be a blast!!
                Only downside is going to be trying to drag myself out of bed early to go to the show!!!!!

-Tim
                www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com
                www.myspace.com/houseofhorrors
                thehorrorbizness@aol.com

Comment

• Do the show's venders really want there to be "So many other things to do?"
                  This has been debated before.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Warfield
                    Do the show's venders really want there to be "So many other things to do?"
                    This has been debated before.
                    Prodigal children ALWAYS venture back home. :wink:

Comment

• Yes but are they the ones who come home because they ran out of money? Needing their Father to take them back into the fold even after they squandered their inheritence? Just asking.
                      "Did you pawn that pretty coat you left here with?"
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

• It's too much like work...bad weather, wife hates it...

Give me the sun and something for my wife to do while I bargain away my savings....

I welcome the change and scenery!
                        Thanks, Jeff
                        www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
                        www.HauntForum.com
                        www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

Not to argue but Larry there is NO WAY Bally's is going to give you a room for 83 dollars.

My wife and i stayed at Bally's 12 years ago when she was a travel agent with her travel card and it still cost us 75$ for taxes, annuitys and all the other crap they throw into the mix.

Again not to argue but to just point out the obvious. People have been talking about all the other fun things to do while in Vegas and i agree there are tons of things to do and see.

I wonder just how much time buyers will actually stay at the TW show with all the extra hoopla. If i were going, i would walk into the show, check out the new items for the year and get out to enjoy everything else there is to do.
                          To me this is an awful bussiness practice, you want to keep potential customers in your store until they buy right? Why put more stores next to you?
                          In Chicago with our beautiful weather at least we snowed you in until you bought something!! Now thats smart bussiness, you can't leave until you buy! LOL

Jeez, put me in a warm weather climate when theres snow on the ground back home and trust me i"ll be at the pool with a margarita in my hand,NOT on a show floor wishing i had better shoes.
                          See where im going with this?

Yeah i know it's a real catch 22 but it's the truth. Your going to lose customers....period!

Im going to say this now and hopefully a year from now you all laugh at me for everyones good.

The buyers will love it as they get a mini vacation and the vendors are going to be kicking thier own butts for ever thinking about it . Money will be lost!

Comment

• The way I see it is that if you truly run a haunt "Business" you will be there. Sure some of the home haunters won't be able to make it, but then again the vendors are there to sell product and stay in business, not have their booths filled with lookie-loos who walk around with an entourage of ten people and don't buy anything. If you in fact run your haunt as a sucessful business, you can't afford NOT to go. I am also in the swimming pool and hot tub business, and we have quite a few trade shows throughout the year that move all over from Vegas to orlando to Atlantic City and on and on. Do I go to all of them? YES. This is part of business. It is a business expense-these shows are used to find new products, deal with companies you already deal with and buy product for the new year, and essential to groe your business and STAY in business.
                            Unfortunately some hobbyists won't be able to make it. Will that break any of the vendors hearts? I doubt it. But if you try to run your haunt as a sucessful business or are looking to get in the business and learn as much as you can, you will not miss the show. I'd really like to hear how many Major haunt owners are not going to be able to make the show. I doubt any will miss it.

My two cents....

-Tim Bunch
                            www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com
                            www.myspace.com/houseofhorrors
                            thehorrorbizness@aol.com

Comment

• Very true...I have no choice. My wife is really liking the move though.
                              I can't say that i won't like it. We may spend a few extra days to catch a few shows.
                              Vacation and work, I like that...A total write off!
                              Thanks, Jeff
                              www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
                              www.HauntForum.com
                              www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

• Other hotels are cheaper. Last time I stayed at Circus Circus, it was around 20 per night. PLenty of bargains to look for out there.

Sure,m you will lose local Chicago haunters enthusiasts, but you will gain the West Coast haunter enthuaists who want to buy props now that Haunt X is demised.
                                The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X