Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do after a hards night work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do after a hards night work?

So what doe's everyone do coming home after a long night at the haunt during operation nights?
    Hit up Hauntworld.com?
    Hot shower?
    Drink some beer?
    Relax and go straight to bed?
    ~Bill Mlinac
    The Deadland Haunted House
    www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
    www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Crack out the Jack Daniel's, and browse the net for a bit. Check my email and myspace junk.

Check HW.com for new stuff on the forums, and shower and go to bed.

Right now, I'm doing this almost every single nite.
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

On the phone all day and all night trying to get things wrapped up. Today worked on radio commercials, actors, parking lot, blah, blah. Mostly at night I answer emails... today only had about 100 or so! LOL

My day ends LATE... right now its 1:30am and I'm off to bed to pay a HUGE stack of bills with money I don't have. Who else is FLAT BROKE?

I know no one wants to hear it but that Haunt tour we did put me in the poor house, and we've been building one mini golf after another simply trying to pay bills. We have debt piled a mile high because of loans for the new building. We need a good haunts season so we can take a breath! I know many of you are in the same boat as me!!! Isn't that a haunters life?

Usually these days I work until my eyes can't stay open and just jump right into bed. In the old days I would watch a movie then go to bed.

I must admit I do check my fantasy scores!!! LOL

I did that once or twice tonight!

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

During operation nights, the core staff usually debriefs each other on what went down, we complain about the problem areas(and people), and generally get everything off our chests, so the next night is a clean slate. Then we drink, make fun of each other, and all go home. Its usually the highlight of the day for me.

Still in the preseason, I usually leave the House around 10 or 11, go home and look for more inspiration for props and costumes on the internet(or movies). I'm constantly rethinking and changing little stuff around, up to opening night...

Comment

Shower, Shave, Shit

Some nights cry and say what the hell am I doing this for its to much stress! LMAO Seriously I come home get a nice shower and lay down maybe get a nice glass of cold milk. Man theres no feeling like the feeling you get when you go to bed after being dead tired! Shane and its did I mention I sleep alone? Shane this time.
          Last edited by graystone; 09-09-2009, 07:50 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

I used to have a post-show meeting in the makeup room, where we would give any praise or criticism about the production. I would then give out awards for acting, makeup, and best room.

We used to go to a 24 hour restaurant afterward, but they closed so a local bar used to give each of our legal-aged actors a free drink after we closed. It is always nice to unwind with the crew in a social setting and discuss the show.
            Katie Lane
            Partner/VP
            Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
            sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

After 3 or 4 house tours ..

During the non-fall part of the year I get giddy and slap-happy doing the last tour and everything seems funny to me!
              Sometimes the customers think so too.
              We all laugh alot.
              Then I might have almost an hour of locking up, checking the whole house, then I might then clean 5 cat boxes, feed Mr. Tuxedo since he has trouble eating , no teeth, his jaw doesn't work sometimes.....but he's still hungry and will eat like the proverbial "Hog", even though he's really old and very thin....
              BTW, Mr. Tuxedo has help filling those 5 boxes, he doesn't do it alone.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

What Do I do ...hmmm

Well I scrape the blood away from under my nails....
                "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
                www.maliciousstudios.com
                "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
                http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

After a haunt night the SCREAMS crew kind of scatters, there is just to many to have the cool hang out. Trail actors chill upstairs of their show and each night someone is assigned to bring in a Fall or halloween themed wine.
                  The higher ups and a few park roamers hang and have a few beers at the costume shop till the wee hours, and a bunch of the regular park scareactors (about 30) hit the closest IHOP.
                  I try to hit each group and show my appreciation to and for them. There is an awesome stillness to the grounds after a busy night, you can almost hear the dirt roads healing the scars of being walked on by thousands of people each night, can still feel the roar of the crowd long after they are all gone.
                  A sweep of the front gate and parking lot areas to make sure all the actors and guests cars started ,then to IHOP to join those there as they are leaving, a bit of food with very close friends, and then I start the hour drive home at about 4am (we close at 1:30).
                  and I would not have it any other way,
                  I love this job,
                  Allen H
                  www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Scrape off the dirt!

After a 14 hour day at the warehouse come home at midnight, scrape off the dirt, metal shavings, blood and latex sit in front of the computer print out labels for CD orders enter New orders in quickbooks write down parts to order the next day, then surf on hauntworld : }
                    Its a GREAT weight loss program.
                    sigpic
                    PEACE, ADAM
                    www.poisonprops.com

Comment

On Fridays, I usually go home. It's after 1am and I've been up since 5:30. The 45-minute drive is relaxing and I listen to Coast to Coast AM. Possibly a little Adult Swim before bed.

Saturdays I sleep in so I go out with a couple of fellow actors to a local tavern, even though I don't drink and we shoot the bull about that night and everything else. I'll get in about 3:00am these nights...
                      http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                      http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Who goes home???
                        Michael Edwards
                        Dallas, Texas

https://www.youtube.com/user/AHauntersLife
                        http://darkhourhauntedhouse.com/
                        http://facebook.com/Drjkyll

Comment

Working...
                        X