Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey guys...gotr an email from my junior high art teacher

Hey there Rusty!
    Your art teacher from Grisham here. I am so excited to have found you and I have looked at your websites. How IMPRESSIVE! I am totally blown away but not at all surprised. I remember you doing this way back in middle school. Remember when you made a great mask that my husband wore to a Halloween party? He dressed up as one of the zombies ala THRILLER and he won 1st place. Even back in the day you were amazing. I can remember showing the "Making of M. J.'s THRILLER" featuring Rick Baker. That day you said, "I'm going to do that!"

I always wanted to just let you loose and allow you to create all the gory, demonic, etc. type work that you wanted to. However...the Principal would not allow it. He was forcing me to stifle you. Nothing of that nature was to come from my classroom during those years. Purple Sage Elem. had a huge group of parents that were backing up that mindset and it spilt over to Grisham. When I taught Surrealism during that time period...the secretaries in our school office were stopping people to tell them I was teaching DEVIL WORSHIPPING. So as you can see I was controlled.

I just retired after teaching art for 30 years. We still live in Austin. Does your family still live here? Get back with me.

Later,

Marcene Conine

http://www.spfxmasks.com

That is very cool!
    Katie Lane
    Partner/VP
    Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
    sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Very cool indeed! Born with Latex and Silicone in your blood.

"Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

Comment

After 30 years of students, She remembers you and your work. That is great,you must have been one of her best! Thanks for sharing, Dan

Comment

Joyous Art Teachers

I have had a few of them in my life. People who were open to new , different styles, content, approaches to the same old exercises.
          It was up to a few such students to entertain the poor teacher, right?
          Lots of FUN!
          It has been said it takes up to 5 years to deprogram yourself after being in the military.
          Some people with recent college art degrees tell me the same thing!
          3% of the population have art talent. Of that 3% only 1/2 of 1% ever make a living at it.
          Somebody is taking money for " nothing".
          Don't get me wrong, though, I think more art should be in our schools to possibly give more people a creative outlet in their lives even if no money at all ever gets made from it.
          I just "love it" when somebody looks at my things and says that tired old line:"Looks like you have too much time on your hands."
          Usually this almost ALWAYS coming from a person whose ass holds down a barstool at least 25 hours every week.
          My newest backyard creation (Which shall not go public yet) has been getting very good and enthusiastic reveiws from my customers, that's what it is all about for me.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
          X