Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on the Silicone mask companies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no neck, a 21" neck that is about an inch long. I find I have the same problems with latex masks, I solve the issue by cutting a U shape out of the mask in the back, that allows the shoulders to settle wider and accomodates my neck or lack there of.
    I know it hurts to cut into a $700 investment, but remember the mantra "Nothing I buy for my Haunt is finished" to make it yours and work for you you have to customize.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I have the clown mask from SPFX and I have to say that Rusty busted his rear end getting it to me on a deadline for a magic show of sorts. I work out and my traps didn't allow the mask to fit just right at first. I just pulled the back of the neck back a little and the fit was perfect. I trimmed the eyes about 15 minutes before I performed with it and I'm sure that the mask was responsible for bookings I got after the show.
      As for CFX, they just don't look as detailed or as realistic as SPFX.
      There's a clown/zombie variant that is right up my alley. I believe it will be next.

Comment

I've been using my SPFX zombie for the past two years and it's been a hit at the haunt. Ordered the clown a couple of weeks ago and it should be here any day now. I love these masks and Rusty has always taken or promptly returned my calls.

As far as CFX goes I can't say. I've never owned one of their masks...mainly due to the over sized eye holes and requiring makeup to blend in the eyes. I wear masks so I don't have to wear makeup, but that's just me.
        Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it… Autograph your work with excellence!

Comment

We have bot we like them both for different reasons. My only problem is they are so dang expensive.

We plan on buying a few more this year. You need to go to a convention ad see both companies, pick up the masks, play aorund with them a little.
          Ed Roberts
          Founder
          The Nightmare Factory
          www.nightmarefactorysalem.com
          www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Comment

When I think about how much time and money is spent to have someone apply makeup (clown makeup) on an ongoing basis SPFX is relatively cheap. It's a one time investment and while it may seem steep I'll hit my ROI in January.
            Another good point is that because of the cost not everyone has one or can get one. I think it says something for collectibility and uniqueness.

And SPFX makes some F'ing cool masks.

Comment

Working...
            X