Did I miss it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I miss it?

I am amazed that there has been no discussion about Transworld's new admission policies. What does everyone think about charging for admission and a lower age limit??

I have not seen it

Whats the deal Barry? Shane and its fill us in! Shane this time.
    sigpic

Comment

I got an email yesterday for registration. Here is the link:

http://www.haashow.com/index.php/seminar-registration/

Comment

Personally I think it is a good move an their part. By charging admission, and then giving a more than equal benefit to offset it, they will end up with serious buyers and advisors attending. Dropping the age limit to 16 is an even better idea.

Comment

Shane, is this " free admission to the opening night party" the same party you got together?
          Sean De Wane
          ----------------------------------------------
          The De Wane Asylum
          www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Im kinda mixed about it. I agree with Barry that it will attract more serious people there.

Although I dont know about the new look, with the water slide and all.

But at the same time, I'm looking to expand my overall business plan, and add some other events thru the year besides the haunt.

So this show might be a real benefit to me.

I dont know how much more they can fit into to convention center though. Are there several halls there?
            Brad Bowen
            Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
            www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

I didn't even realize that. I had already registered, so I didn't pay attention to the email.

I think the admission will help bring in more serious buyers.

I am a bit surprised by the new age limit; I take it there will be no more nudity on the show floor (not that I'm complaining)?
              Katie Lane
              Partner/VP
              Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
              sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Sean

No that party is something thats going on Thursday Night at some restaurant that an insurance company is sponcering. I could not hold my party at a restaurant because no place could hold over 200 people. My party will draw well over 400 and will offer everything a private corporate party will offer it will have all the bells and whistles and will run around $85.00 per person with thousands of dollars in cash and prizes! Shane and its more to come after Halloween! Shane this time.
                Last edited by graystone; 09-18-2009, 02:50 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

My take...

There was too many people at the show, hard to talk to vendors, this is not a fun show or that is not the intent, its a place to do business, talk business, buy and sell, blah, blah. I think for far too long the vendors had to pay the ENTIRE way and in an effort to keep the costs low for the vendors buyers need to pay something to get into the show.

Its only fair! If you can't pay $50.00 or whatever they are asking then you really don't need to be there in the first place. If a very small admission will keep your haunt from attending you have serious issues, or your haunt is just not serious. By the buyers paying some of the way they are helping vendors to afford more booths, if they buy more booths they also bring more new products, which benefits the buyer.

I'm sure there will be people who won't come now or won't pay or whatever and thats in my opinion isn't a bad thing.

This show needs to skim down to those are there to buy something not those who just like to take pictures and copy everything they see.

I think its all good! I thought they should have charged twice that amount and lower booth costs even more. I'm interested in the buyers helping out the vendors some so the vendors will be encouraged to buy more booths and bring more new products.

Isn't that what we want ??? SEE MORE NEW AND COOL STUFF???

And lastly what about all the new companies that can't afford high booth prices we miss all their stuff because they skip the show ... we need to help those guys we should be willing to pay anything resonable to get into the show to help vendors.

That is my view!

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Yes, Buffalo Badlands will be there!
                    Mike Cirrincione
                    Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
                    MAC Productions presents:
                    Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
                    AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
                    Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
                    Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

Comment

Sounds great to me

The easier you make it for the vendors the better.... If the show is cheaper for the vendor more vendors will be enticed to exhibit.... ( Dont you think ? ) I for one am a the owner of a small company, I understand I have to "walk the line" before I can play with bigger dawgs BUT I am sure others feels as I do when I say "Its friggin expensive" ...lmfao... now I know there is a chance for return when you take orders but my opinion is that I do pretty decent without the show at this point..... ( Make it cheaper and it will apeal more to us as well as others )

Raise the price for vendors and even though you may bring the bigger dawgs to the table ... you will lose the smaller companies....it seems that the conglomorate of small companies like mine add up pretty fast.

Im throwing myself under a bus here but its just my .02
                      "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
                      www.maliciousstudios.com
                      "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
                      http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
                        I dont know how much more they can fit into to convention center though. Are there several halls there?

There are more halls in the center to expand into, and they should connect. We were in hall #1 and hall #2 last year.

Looking at the map that is being used for selling vendor space, it looks like the event will be placed in the exact same space as last year. So unless the next hall is available, I'm not sure where a lot of additional vendor space for new vendors and more tables for bigger vendors would come from this year.
                        sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

I think its a good thing. You see far too many people walking around more interested in seeing whats new rather than buying for their haunt. You get those that do the tradeshow circuit who go to nearly all of them mainly looking not buying taking up valuable space for serious buyers and real owners.

Smart move. I also think the age limit is better but not strict enough. It's a place for doing business and if you are relying on teen agers or younger to help make your decisions to buy thousands of dollars in animation and props, that's pretty sad I think. Should be 18 or older....

Darkangel
                          Last edited by Darkangel; 09-18-2009, 10:52 PM.

Comment

What is the difference in booth space prices for vendors compared to the last time? Has anyone compared them yet?
                            I think the admission cost is good, as long as it does go to lower the booth cost for vendors.
                            sigpic
                            Louis Brown
                            Owner, operator, and dish washer
                            at
                            DarkWood Manor

Comment

Working...
                            X