Clear All

• went to darkness

i went to the darkness tonight it was very good they did a good job
    Danny

Danny great review.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Comment

I went to The Darkness in 2007 and again in 2008. The actors did alright but didn't scare me. I don't fault them though. I've been an actor for almost 20 years now and so I expect the scares and very rarely can they startle me. But....as far as eye candy and effects go, it was an AWESOME place! I loved the set design, the animatronics and the overall feel of the place. I'd go back every chance I get because each time I seem to find something new, even in the things that didn't change. Maybe I missed the giant aztec skull archway near the impaler the first time, or maybe I missed a crate with a dead body in it. There's too much to take in on any single visit and in that respect it's great.

My only complaint is about CreepyWorld and Silo-X to be more specific. The tents were so fogged up not only could I not see an inch in front of my face but I also had trouble breathing and couldn't wait to get outside from that haunt. I seen it without the fog and there's some cool props and rooms in there but you never see it due to all the fog, which, to me, seems like a waste of a perfectly good haunt. Last year the ONLY prop I was able to make out in Silo-X was some hanging alien egg sac things due to the amount of fog used and I know there was a lot more in there but the fog had me using my shirt to try and breathe through..

Other than that, my experiences have been largely positive with the STL haunts. Tombstone is always fun to ride and the actors really get into it which make it, if not scary, at least highly entertaining.

Just thought I'd share my experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by hsmag View Post
        I went to The Darkness in 2007 and again in 2008. The actors did alright but didn't scare me. I don't fault them though. I've been an actor for almost 20 years now and so I expect the scares and very rarely can they startle me. But....as far as eye candy and effects go, it was an AWESOME place! I loved the set design, the animatronics and the overall feel of the place. I'd go back every chance I get because each time I seem to find something new, even in the things that didn't change. Maybe I missed the giant aztec skull archway near the impaler the first time, or maybe I missed a crate with a dead body in it. There's too much to take in on any single visit and in that respect it's great.

My only complaint is about CreepyWorld and Silo-X to be more specific. The tents were so fogged up not only could I not see an inch in front of my face but I also had trouble breathing and couldn't wait to get outside from that haunt. I seen it without the fog and there's some cool props and rooms in there but you never see it due to all the fog, which, to me, seems like a waste of a perfectly good haunt. Last year the ONLY prop I was able to make out in Silo-X was some hanging alien egg sac things due to the amount of fog used and I know there was a lot more in there but the fog had me using my shirt to try and breathe through..

Other than that, my experiences have been largely positive with the STL haunts. Tombstone is always fun to ride and the actors really get into it which make it, if not scary, at least highly entertaining.

Just thought I'd share my experiences.
        Took the words right out of my mouth! The Darkness as SO MUCH to look at it's impossible to see everything! I attended the TW tour in March and was really impressed with everything. The attention to detail is awesome!

And I totally agree with the Silo-X and fog thing. I was quite let down last October when we attended Creepyworld because in some places you just couldn't see ANYTHING! Same thing happened in the swamp of The Darkness last year.

A little bit of fog goes a long way!
        Zach Wiechmann
        www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Actually we had a ton of industry people come through this weekend... I saw all sorts of haunted house shirts from other haunts. I got nothing but great reviews of both places. Attendance was not that great though but it did rain on Saturday. Hopefully it will be better this weekend.

Travel Channel was out filming at Creepyworld all night Saturday for a new America Haunts show that will air this October.

All in all I would say we had a great response to both haunts this weekend.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Silo X is known for there fog. Green fog at that. Ya it was hard to see everything in parts I admit but then you dont know whats gonna jump out either. Far as Silo X I think its good to keep it fogged up to a certain extent. Its known for that!
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

Thanks Danny. Hopefully I was able to give you a startle.

"Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

Comment

Working...
              X