Request for new Forum category

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for new Forum category

HW has amazing forums. You have a ton of great categories covering many areas of interest. To be quick and to the point, this is a suggestion for a new forum category.

How about an category for the "Aspiring Pro Haunters"? You know, the people who are studying up (and saving up) to go pro. Every few weeks someone new joins the forums, and starts clogging up other threads with "aspiring pro" type questions. If there was an area for these type questions already, they could simply be referred to the "Aspiring Pros" section. Several (many?) members of this Forum are also aspiring pros (like me), and have aspiring pro type questions. Maybe it would be worthwhile to compile these questions (and answers) into one section? Beyond Q&A, it might also be a place for aspiring pros from the same geographic area to find each other and form partnerships. It would also be a good place for people selling haunts/inventory to target those possibly looking to buy.

There is currently a section for Pros, and a section for Home Haunters... How about a section for those of us trying to make the transition between the two? Just a suggestion/request.

Thanks for your time!
    Todd

I tried to "PM" this, but it bounced (box is full).

Comment

Thats a great idea/suggestion Todd. I too am wanting to go pro one day, and like you said every few days, we see someone posting a new thread asking about going pro. Maybe we will see the addition of a new category like this one day soon.

Dustyn
      ________
      volcano digital
      Last edited by dusty588; 01-24-2011, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dusty588 View Post
        Thats a great idea/suggestion Todd. I too am wanting to go pro one day, and like you said every few days, we see someone posting a new thread asking about going pro. Maybe we will see the addition of a new category like this one day soon.

Dustyn
        Yeah, Dustyn, there seems to be a lot of us on the forum. I thought it would be a good idea to lump all our newbie questions (and answers) together in one spot. What do you say, sir Larry? Is this possible?

Comment

I vote YES!! It would prove yet another helpful tool for aspiring haunters!!
          O'Shawn McClendon
          Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Maybe it would also help stop these kinds of questions from appearing in other threads all over the Forums?

Comment

I Feel Like an Aspiring Haunter!

Everytime the front door opens and I begin their house tour. ANOTHER golden opportunity for me to impress and entertain these people who have somehow heard about my place and took the time to come here AND even have paid me money to do just that!
              The only better things that will happen from this point forward is hearing them laugh, scream, laugh again, hearing them tell me how incredible and smart I am and ask to be placed on my donation list so they can cut me in on a percentage of their weekly paycheck.
              Well, OK, the last parts have yet to happen..
              "It's not just a job! It's an Adventure!"
              I must be in the U.S. Army?'
              After being open almost every night for 21 years, my enthusiasm (at 60 years old) is still sky-high and I'm eager to make it all happen for them.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
                Everytime the front door opens and I begin their house tour. ANOTHER golden opportunity for me to impress and entertain these people who have somehow heard about my place and took the time to come here AND even have paid me money to do just that!
                The only better things that will happen from this point forward is hearing them laugh, scream, laugh again, hearing them tell me how incredible and smart I am and ask to be placed on my donation list so they can cut me in on a percentage of their weekly paycheck.
                Well, OK, the last parts have yet to happen..
                "It's not just a job! It's an Adventure!"
                I must be in the U.S. Army?'
                After being open almost every night for 21 years, my enthusiasm (at 60 years old) is still sky-high and I'm eager to make it all happen for them.
                I have definitely noticed that you are one of the most enthusiastic haunt owners on the Forums... And I've also noticed that there is often wisdom and advice woven into your hilarious posts. You are an inspiration not only for the fact that you are a haunt owner, and you're one of the few who get to operate their attraction year round, but also because you built your attraction yourself (with little money and little help).

If we could get this "Aspiring Pros" section of the Forums going, I'm sure you would have plenty to say to the "wannabe's" (me included). And I mean that in a good way!

Comment

Working...
                X