No announcement yet.

Walls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahh ok mabie every citys different,but i still was able to run my haunt that year.i got lucky i guess.the firemarshall knocked on my door 2 days before halloween and said whos haunted house is this.i said what haunted house?meanwile on the roof of the entrance,theirs a giant smoke breathing gargoyle,theirs 10 ft monster mud props on lawn holding signs with date n times.i said its a private party and we invite the local trick or treaters.he said do you charge admission?i said no sir.he made me sign a paper saying that i will not operate a haunted house without the proper permits.and left.1 police drove by all night and we were fine.i really feel for whoever got shut down tho because thats every haunters worst nightmare.espicially now that my haunt is commercial

Comment

...so, whose name did you sign on the paper?
      Inquirering, potentially squirrelly, rabid minds want to know!
      "PASS THE CHEEWIZZ!"
      "Not up my nose!"
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Empressnightshade
        Originally posted by slash
        Give him a break, I don't think the Fire Marshall will give him any trouble.
        Slash, when you say the word "think", that leaves room for doubt. .
        It's a figure of speech. I should have said: "The Fire Marshall will not shut him down"

So your telling me if I have a halloween party for my friends and I make a scene w/ black plastic (inside or out) the fire marshal is going to come and "shut down" my party. No. It's the same exact thing. Now, I can see where they would have a problem with you charging people for admission, without proper permits or something, but I have never heard of them shutting down a home haunt for anything other than an excessive noise violation. Maybe it is different in other states.....
        Slash
        "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

i signed the paper with the same name i use when i get in trouble with the police "jim warfield" actually that woulda been cool to sign a fake name,not like he asked for my id.

Comment

Originally posted by wipp
            i signed the paper with the same name i use when i get in trouble with the police "jim warfield" actually that woulda been cool to sign a fake name,not like he asked for my id.
            Heres a good fake name: Faye King
            Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

About how long do those plastic walls last???

Comment

Use 4' by 8' plywood, not as cheap as some other alternatives but surely more reliable.

Comment

storage

Where do all of you keep your walls?

Comment

I put my walls on the floor.lol.... This year I have wood walls, 9'6'' tall see post with photos on the fright form. After the show I will put down some of that black plastic and then put some pallets down on top of that and then stack the boards up. Cover them with a tarp and when I have the guy come out for the yearly termite treatment I'll have him spay around that too. I'm not sure how much room you have but if you stack it you'll be okay.
                    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

For my walls, I have them up on metal platforms held up by bricks and amusement ride frameworks. Keeps the termites offa them....

Consider door skins or light paneling for walls the customers dont touch and use a light framework.
                      The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

woa this thread was great help especially for were to buy the plastics

Comment

Working...
                        X