What Do I Do From Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do I Do From Here?

Ok so, I am really intererested in working in our local haunted house we have here in the city. Too bad i couldn't do my own this year. I emailed as many people as I could that are involved with it and I even called their clubhouse (this is a Jaycee's haunted house). I have only gotten one response that asked me how old I was and if i was a friend of a jaycee. No other responses. Their opening night is October 16th [a little late, right?]. Hopefully they will get back to me before then. They also have volunteer nights to help out at the warehouse where it will take place.

Where should I go from here? I dont want to seem too pushy but i dont know what to do since I am really interested. Any thoughts and Ideas?

Troy

John Wayne Gacey was both the Illinois and Iowa JC man of the year. (Executed serial-killer)
    He liked to dress up as a clown...gets kind of weird and scary if you ponder it awhile, doesn't it?
    Show up for their volunteer night and do what they ask of you, don't wander around unless they tell you to do this , make sure the person they might have telling you what to do is really supposed to be doing that to keep yourself out of any trouble.
    I tell my people who are scaring to never get closer than an arm's length to a customer so you will go home with all of the teeth in your mouth that you arrived with.
    If a customer becomes aggressive and advances toward you, back up. If they come closer be ready to temporarilly blind them with your flashlight so you can get further away. If they persist call for security because some customers main reason for being there is to find a human punching bag and they say they were "scared",..... so "Sorry."
    The more solid a landing the punch has means the better chances are it was planned, not reactive.
    Stay alert and physically "ready".
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Well they emailed me back. They basically said I was too young to volunteer and my help wasn't needed at that time. According to very strict rules i need to be 18 years of age or older. Oh well, next year though ill blow them out of the water.

Comment

If a mean, combative drunk is looking for someone in a haunted house to punch, these macho types usually smack the shortest, smallest person standing there in costume because even when they say "Sorry, I was drunk." Some small protective part of their brain still will not allow them to smack a person as big or bigger than they are, because of the painfull retribution to follow. (So just how drunk are they then really?)
        If a roudy, drunken crowd is in the house there is no way any teenager belongs there exposed to the potential hazard I just described.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
        X