Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One more quick Claustrophobia question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more quick Claustrophobia question...

Hey all!
    I recently asked about installing Claustrophobia. Got a lot of help! Thanks!
    Well, we installed it tonight and the left side on Low is nice and firm/full...the right side isn't...we noticed a few places it needed tightened between the screws so we retightened and it seems all good...until inflated...we walk through and are 'pushed to the right wall'. On LOW!
    We tried the right side on Med and High. Still same thing.
    Any hints?
    We did the 46" rule we were told.
    The only thing we can think of is on the backside of the panel is about 1/2 inch gap on the top on that side...would Foam Insulation in a can fill it in and help?
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!!!

Kirk
    Kirk Boemmel
    Dark Ghost Manor
    www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Anyone?...
    Kirk Boemmel
    Dark Ghost Manor
    www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

claustrophobia room

You bought your claustrophobia room...right? I would think that the company you purchased it from should be more help to you.

A couple friends from my haunt built there own claustrophobia room themselves. I know they had to make sure that the plastic was totally sealed all around the edges so that they could have total control over the amount of air that exhausted out the vents. They made sure that the fans were not covered, or boxed around in such a way that air would not be able to be drawn through them. And it worked very well for them.

For $5 a can of spray foam, I would try it. Make sure everything is sealed where it needs to be and go from there.

Good luck

Kelly
      Kelly Anderson
      Owner- Halloween Undercroft
      http://www.halloweenundercroft.com/
      Owner- Haunt Your House llc

Comment

Thanks Kelly! That's what we're trying...a 5 dollar spray can.
        We bought ours brand new but from a guy who had 4 sets for his haunt and only used 2.
        So he sold 2 of them. We bought one.
        No instructions in them.
        We weren't sure if we should take a couple screws/washers out of the tight one since it's dominant. lol
        We'll try it!
        Thanks!

Kirk
        Kirk Boemmel
        Dark Ghost Manor
        www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Hello guys-

Do you have any photos of the Claustrophobia that your friends built? Do you know what material they used? What is the actual material of the claustrophobia room? Is it the same material as the inflatables? Is it similar to Umbrella material? thanks alot we are looking to build our own as well thanks.

Comment

No to be a fly in the ointment, but has anyone heard any rumblings about the Swine Flu (H1N1)? I was thinking about this, as I was walking through a claustrophobia this weekend. Seems to me that this type of affect may be a concern if this thing becomes a pandemic.
            Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
            Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Please stick to the topic the swine flu has nothing to do with Claustrophobic room. Thanks

Comment

What adam is saying...Is due to the nature of the bags and the ventalation in the Claustrophia effect..can it spread the flu, and other viruses like the swine flu. Its a valid question that some haunt owners should try to figure out before they might have a news crew pounding down the door accusing them of spreading H1M1
                Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

People toouh everything germs are everywhere have you ever held onto a railing? Did you clean your hands right away? I understand the relevance but no matter what germs are everywhere.

Comment

Both make valid points. While germs ARE everywhere, you also don't have a handrail pushing up against your face and your arms, etc. Your contact with the rail is limited mainly to your hand.

I would think that claustrophobia could be a concern for the spread of germs. Not just flu germs but things like sweat from all the people that go through it each night.

Maybe it would be a good idea to spray them with disinfectant each night before you open while they're deflated.

Not trying to hijack the thread, as the original post was about installing claustrophobia but this is definitely something all haunt owners who have claustrophobia should consider this year. Heck, I'm still trying to get over the flu myself.

I hope you're able to solve your problem before opening night Kirk!

Comment

Thanks I think we discussed Swine, Flu enough now lets get back to the topic. If we want to continue flu etc we can open a new topic if we want to continue. Good suggestions with wiping them down each night or even better b4 guests walk through or have a sanitizer before hand or after. What is the material made for the Claustrophobia? Is it similar to an umbrella or more like the inflatables? Thanks

Comment

It's a breathable nylon material I believe, similar to the holiday yard inflatables but if memory serves me correctly they're a heavier material than what than the yard ones. I believe they also have a thick, embroidered nylon edging (like the stuff harnesses are made out of) where the washers and bolts go through. You'd probably need to do some heavy stitching to get everything to hold up given the amount of pressure it would be under with the air inside of it

Comment

Thanks guys!
                          Problem is fixed and running good...time to open Thursday!!!
                          Oh, and we're going to spray it down in between nights!

Kirk
                          Kirk Boemmel
                          Dark Ghost Manor
                          www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Kirk, what was causing it to not fill up proportionately?

Comment

HauntedDeadEnd, chill out! You want plans or a material list, so you can build your own Claustrophobia and you don’t have to buy one… I get it… but I did bring up a valid RELATED point, worthy of discussion. Don’t get mad, just because you didn’t get the answer you wanted.

Thanks for the support Tater and HSMag.
                              Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                              Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Working...
                              X