Blinder Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blinder Light

hey all. Anyone remember the company selling a blinder type light at the Transworld show in Chicago ('01 or '02). I recall it was black and round? Had a prism effect to the flash. Not sure if it had any type of trigger or not, but it would only flash once in order to "blind" in an all black type haunt.

Any ideas would be great!

Thanks!
    TheKeeper

Fright Planet "World of Fear"
    www.FrightPlanet.com

I think it was Digital sound and lighting
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

You could just get a Martin Atomic strobe and fire that once. If that doesn't blind them, don't know what will. But ofcourse be careful you can cause permanant damage with that light.
      Bill Rod.
      Dark Tech Effects
      Automated DMX Lighting
      Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

Maybe I'm Different?

I try to avoid blinding anyone, or making them vomit or deafening them.'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"?
        I do confess to messing alot with their minds using words and props.
        I like ambient noise of this old creepy house, the actual creaks and groans and other sounds as of yet unidentifiable. Don't you think having a sound track playing reassures some people? Especially the older crowd? Little kids would be scared, older ears just get annoyed, don't they?
        I work to make seeing the house a trully different experience so I try not to do things everyone else does, afterall I consider this all my "art". (Heavy on the "MY".)
        Make a list of all the usual props and devices anyone feels are" must have " items to have modern-rated haunted attraction...and I pretty much have none of them here.
        There remain numerous ways to entertain a customer and I love exploring them. (The "ways" not the customer personally.)
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

strobes are the way to go..

If you really want to blind someone for an amount of time you need a powerful strobe such as Powershot or a Dataflash. I believe both these strobes run off DMX 512. So you would have to figure out a way to hook up a dmx controller to a trigger. How do that. Im not sure. Ill have to mess around with some of my dmx strobes and let you know.
          www.hohmanor.weebly.com
          CAN YOU SURVIVE 2009?

Comment

Never heard of the Powershot but the Dataflash is nice if you want to play... thats a 1000 watts, the Martin Atomic Strobe is 3000 watts... Blind AWAY!
            Bill Rod.
            Dark Tech Effects
            Automated DMX Lighting
            Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I'll look into those and see which might work for our application. We want to add two into our "all black" haunt this year, right at the point where they think they can start to see their way, we'd hit them with the light. We don't want anything too powerful. A small amount of light in a dark environment will go a long way. That one company that had it at Transworld seems like it was perfect for our needs.
              TheKeeper

Fright Planet "World of Fear"
              www.FrightPlanet.com

Comment

Working...
              X