Children's Haunted Attraction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Children's Haunted Attraction

Does anyone on here operate a children's based attraction? I know several of you do the hardly haunted and lights on type of thing in your regular haunts, I am just curious if someone has a haunt geared to kids or knows of someone that does. Thanks.

I know this may not be exactly what you're talking about, but the non-profit haunters gathering "Great Lakes FrightFest" sets up both an adult haunted house and a childrens haunted house each year while the social get-together is running. http://greatlakesfrightfest.com

Comment

At The Great Pumpkin Farm in Clarence NY they have a childrens haunted house. No actors just some spooky scenes.
      Matthew Colton
      Frightworld America's Screampark
      http://www.frightworld.com/

Comment

Entertaining Children

Talk nice to them, with no mask or make up, promise them you will behave and then do it.
        We tell them if they begin to feel afraid to tell us right away so we can turn on more lights, bring in the "puppy" or "kitty".
        Then I show them that I was the one making everything happen in the room, pushing buttons, pulling control wires, then I let them do some of this too, and one button usually scares their family members when activated which usually brings a big smile to the little one's face.
        Does all of this take time? You bet it does. That is why we get the full ticket price for children too.
        Even though we have a high happiness/success rate, every kid willnot want to be here no matter what you do or say.
        We sure try though.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

As Jim mentioned, talk nice, no mask or make-up and some lights not usually on at night but are for the kids. We have ran an afternoon child version before the actors come in for the evening shift. We give the kids flash lights if they feel better about having one. I've even walked thru with them and explain funny things about different props. It's a lot of fun entertaining kids/parents but it sure makes for a long day when running the haunt that evening too.
          But in the end, it's worth it......
          Tom
          Creator of the Dungeon
          WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

Working...
          X