Attendance Up or Down???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attendance Up or Down???

Who has opened so far? Is your attendance up or down at this point based on same time frame last year? Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

We were open on Friday and Saturday. Our numbers were up from last year.

EVIL INTENTIONS HAUNTED HOUSE

Comment

We opened last weekend (the 25th/26th). So far, a 300% increase over last year's opening weekend. If we continue to see that kind of increase over last year's numbers.... we're screwed l;-)
      -------------------------------
      http://www.fx13studios.com

Comment

We opened on Friday and the weekend was definitely down from last year's numbers. We were down about 40%. We had a few issues with the radio stations leaving the liners running that said "coming soon" all week. The ads were never changed to "opening this weekend" etc until the weekend arrived. You gotta watch those radio people. We'll see how this weekend compares.

Comment

Larry.....

How are your 2 premier haunts doing so far? (good, I hope!)

I think Terror Behind the Walls here in Philly did a buy one/ get one free deal a couple weeks ago which was a great promotion.

Comment

Attendance Up or Down???

Here at the Baxter Avenue Morgue, our first full weekend of operation was the 18th and 19th, and we've seen an increase of 100% over the same time period last season. This past Saturday night, even with a fairly strong rain storm that lasted about two hours, we still managed to attract over 300 people. Something tells me October ought to be REAL interesting ...
            "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

Comment

Right now our attendance is way down but its not October yet and this weekend will be the tell of the tape! I'll report after this weekend, this weekend will say it all I think. With people being laid off the way they are you have to expect lower attendance and so far that is what we've seen.

If the haunt season goes bad, I guess it will be a down year for spending with vendors, and everything between. Lets hope this weekend is awesome! I know I have been doing one interview after another trying to pump up the industry!

We'll keep on doing everything we can.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

A couple other quick bits...

Hauntworld.com traffic UP about 40% over last year... we had over 300,000 visits between HHO and HW in September. So that is great!

Scarefest.com my own haunts website traffic down about 20% but we started marketing later only way to tell for sure is wait to October.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

"attendence!?"

How can any of you go around attending haunted houses? I'm way too busy to leave mine for any amount of time!
                  4 years ago our Sept. was the best Sept. we have ever had, but then that 4 yr. ago October was way down, it all evens out in the end to equal the same numbers.
                  Of course that great Sept. from 4 yrs ago was when admission was still just $10 not $12.
                  A big storm passed through the midwest tonight ruining any business potential for this night.
                  If I would have put up our weather-tent today it probably would have been knocked down tonight!
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                  X