"So You Want To Be A Haunt Entrepreneur" Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "So You Want To Be A Haunt Entrepreneur" Book

Well I am not even into college yet and I wanted to start gathering info to go pro, I read on another thread about "So You Want To Be A Haunt Entrepreneur" Book. Will this really answere mainly any questions about where to start in this industry?
    Matthew Colton
    Frightworld America's Screampark
    http://www.frightworld.com/

I've found it to be the most useful book, DVD, Video, or magazine I've bought on the industry. If you want to start a haunt, I'd consider this must have.

Chapters include:
    Business Plans
    Thems/Storylines
    Construction
    Business Organization
    Locations
    Safety/Firecodes/Security
    Advertising and Marketing
    Insurance
    Recruitying
    Accounting
    Concessions

It doesn't go into the great detail (those topics could all be books of their own), but it gives you a good starting point on what you need to think about from the business side of things. This book is not on designing scares or sample rooms. This book is on what a haunt business needs to run.
    sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

I have both of Kelly's books and they're both AWESOME!!! "So You Want..." is a GREAT book for anyone looking to get into the haunt business. It's not a be-all, end-all book that will tell you how to run and open your own haunt but it gives you an immense amount of insight into someone who started their own haunted house. How they got started, getting sponsors, recruiting actors and even gives you insight on how to prepare a good business plan outline when trying to get a loan for your haunt. It is by far one of the most useful books anyone who's looking to start their own haunt can read. It's also useful for those who have already started haunts but are looking to expand their attraction.

DEFINITELY buy this book! It's worth FAR more than what he's charging!

Comment

There have been several threads about the book, I believe. You can type the title into the Search box at the top of the page and find them.

Comment

Best... Book... EVER!! PERIOD!!

All of Kelly's books are amazing... I suggest them all!

-Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I also recommend the book. Everything in the book might not necessarily relate to your specific situation, but a lot of it will. It's packed with helpful information!

Comment

Matt- I read the book when I was still in high school and it was a big help opening my eyes to the reality of what it takes to open and run a successful haunt. The book shows that it's not all fun and games, however it does clearly spell out all the little details that you need to get into order so that you can get to the fun part. Definitely worth your time and money to get this book.
              Mike Quill
              Fear Town Haunted House

Comment

Sounds like a wealth of knowledge. I'm gonna have to pick one up.

"Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare_Trance View Post
                  Sounds like a wealth of knowledge. I'm gonna have to pick one up.
                  You can buy it directly online at http://hauntbook.com

Comment

i bougnt this book directly in raycliff manor haunted house , and have a personal respond of kelly, its a great person very kind and she have the time to attendance all with her emails. Thats book its amazing , its the better ways to maintance atracttiones , and thats have a great section about marketing , Its working for all maerkets , I live in Mexico , and its very complementary for my haunt. great........................

Comment

Great! Im gonna buy it and get a nice jump start. Better start my long journey now while I can. Hopefully in the years to pass Ill have my own article in HW
                      Matthew Colton

Comment

BOUGHT IT! Should be getting it soon
                        Matthew Colton

Comment

Working...
                        X