Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese haunted house wants to compare visitor statistics

Hi guys,

My partner and I have created the first Halloween Haunted House in Mainland China this year after attending HauntCon: Shanghai Nightmare (www.shanghainightmare.com). We're located in a 107 year hold warehouse and the attraction is roughly 5000sqft. Since this is a completely new market and a lot of things are unknown, I'd like to compare some visitor statistics with US haunts so I can gauge our progress.

We opened to the public 9/25, opening nightly at 7pm until midnight (closed mon/tues). This first week, we're selling about 100 tickets / night average., lows around 60, highs around 130.

Can anyone provide me rough weekly numbers of their haunt attendance along with the size of their haunt?

Any data would be much appreciated.

Thx!
    Shanghai Nightmare
    sigpic
    The world's SMALLEST and BRIGHTEST LED spotlights! Built for haunters.

attendence opening weekend

We just opened this weekend. Our haunt square footage is compairable to yours maybe a bit smaller. Friday night we had about 70 guests and sat. night about 190 in attendece. For us on average we're about right on attendence in comparison to previous years.

Our busiest weekend is usually the third weekend. It keeps getting bigger every year. Last year our busiest night was a satrday with 994 guest. Hopefully we'll break that record this year.

GOOD LUCK!!

Kelly
    Kelly Anderson
    Owner- Halloween Undercroft
    http://www.halloweenundercroft.com/
    Owner- Haunt Your House llc

Comment

I know of a haunted house in Taiwan that was shut down because it was basically too scary. It was doing fine attendance wise, but then a rumor began that people would attack you in the dark and stick you with AIDS infected needles (guests, not employees). Then the attendance basically stopped. I always felt sorry for the folks who put that business together, probably did a great job, and then had it ruined by an untrue rumor. A real shame. The Taiwanese rely a lot on word of mouth, and in this instance, it completely destroyed a good business.
      www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

my partner and me have the bussiness plan to put the haunted house this year , we live in Mexico , and we take a large tour in all haunted house in california, all the parks and the independent houses too . So i we hope to take a great splash of fresh entertainment in the town , because we dont have a one haunted house only in fairs or temporaly carnivals.

We will waiting average attendance of 100 per night 2,000 for the month , if all working about the plan , we open november 2010 too.

Comment

Working...
        X