How Was Your Opening Night ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Was Your Opening Night ?

We just had ours, and what a train wreck. We had a decent crowd, but we had actors breaking stuff all over the place. One of them PULLED A GATE OFF OF A WALL. It wasn't a weak gate, either. We were hanging off of it in the preseason to fail-proof it. We had a car drive down the midway, even though we had cops there. Don't ask me how they managed to fail at their job... Thank god there were absolutely no customers in that part of the line at the time.

For the most part, the actors were doing well, as far as following instructions and getting along, but there were a few arguments that required myself and/or another senior staff member to intervene, which is absurd for the first night.

Originally, I was going to stop up, get the House open, and go attend to my massively flooded basement. Unfortunately, with all that went on, I stayed past close, and was bailing water at 3 o'clock in the morning.

How was your night? (Opening night, or not. I know some of you opened earlier than we did...)

Opening night-still have lots to work on

The house of shadows opened last night (Fri). As expected, our characters were so night into it yet. The past few years we've had less and less good adult actors who act as room heads and coach the younger actors along and make sure the get into character and stay in character.
    Alot of the rooms we got to help the kids with the dialog of the room. We also got to adjust some lighting in another room.
    All and all its about what I expected for the first night. We started to get better results the later into the night it got........so we're learning.
    Round 2 tonight. I expect it to get much better.

GOOD LUCK to everyone.

Kelly
    Kelly Anderson
    Owner- Halloween Undercroft
    http://www.halloweenundercroft.com/
    Owner- Haunt Your House llc

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Anderson View Post
      The house of shadows opened last night (Fri). As expected, our characters were so night into it yet. The past few years we've had less and less good adult actors who act as room heads and coach the younger actors along and make sure the get into character and stay in character.
      Alot of the rooms we got to help the kids with the dialog of the room. We also got to adjust some lighting in another room.
      All and all its about what I expected for the first night. We started to get better results the later into the night it got........so we're learning.
      Round 2 tonight. I expect it to get much better.

GOOD LUCK to everyone.

Kelly
      So true, we had a ton of newbies last night, so it was hard to have all rooms with a veteran actor. We run three sets, so we can swap out actors in rooms, and by the third set, everyone was pretty close to catatonic, because they don't know how to pace themselves yet..

Comment

Working...
      X